Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Big Country

Hey guys, it’s been a while! Keeping really busy. I’m at Hardtimes Bluegrass Festival this weekend in Hamilton, MT with Kevin Pace and the Early Edition. This was Friday night. Dennis has known me from the beginning but we haven’t had much time to play. We have had a lot of fun just picking together this weekend.

13 Likes

Awesome, looks like fun. And the scenery in the background…(not to mention the sunset) just beautiful!

2 Likes

I Am jealous - but truly happy for you!

2 Likes

Wow, that’s sweet! Wish I were there!

1 Like

Great job Robert, thanks for sharing that. Hope you’re having loads of fun. I bet the weather is great there.

1 Like

That’s some more great picking with a gorgeous, scenic backdrop. Well done, as usual, Kaleb!

1 Like

You just keep getting better and better! I smell a scholarship! What incredible scenery!

1 Like

very nice… great job

1 Like

Thanks all! Montana is so beautiful and an amazing backdrop for this kind of thing. So far the Hardtimes festival is my favorite of all I have been to. The couple that puts it on are so nice and they work hard to have great bands and a fun jamming environment. If you ever get this way 4th weekend in July, I highly recommend it. Dennis is one of the few really good banjo players up here. (At least that I have met) He had some health challenges last year and we are so thankful he can still pick. He taught the first kids camp that I went to. He’s just an all around great guy.

2 Likes

From “The Hunt for Red October”, one of my favorite scenes - 2 Russian Officers dreaming of defecting to the USA from the depths of the Atlantic, confined to a submarine:

Capt. Vasili Borodin : I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck… maybe even a “recreational vehicle.” And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?

Captain Ramius : I suppose.

Capt. Vasili Borodin : No papers?

Captain Ramius : No papers, state to state.

Capt. Vasili Borodin : Well then, in winter I will live in… Arizona. Actually, I think I will need two wives.

Captain Ramius : Oh, at least.

3 Likes

These are a couple of duets I did with our fiddle player Ashley. SHE IS AN AMAZING FIDDLER!

8 Likes

Those were great! Impressive how full the sound was with only a fiddle and banjo, I can’t play good backup on either. Y’all look like you had fun.

3 Likes

Great job! Loved that up-the-neck break on Cheatham!

2 Likes

Thanks @BanjoBen My fingers just do what they’re gonna do. :joy:

3 Likes

Finding a fiddle player who does awesome backup has been a challenge. Ashley says she just wings it. Back up is an art and you just keep trying things until it sounds good. :blush:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ll get there eventually. It’d probably help if I had a talented musician to play lead so I could practice backup (hint hint :joy::wink:)

3 Likes

Very cool!

1 Like

One of my favorite scenes as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes