Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Beta testers needed / Play with my app! It's fun!

Ok…

This issue appears to be fixed now when viewing your own acct while offline. Great!

It’s fine on both android phone & ipad.
On the computer this is what im still getting… youll briefly see the login in flash by and disappear right before the chord chart appears…
watch for it, link to vid below:

2 Likes

Thanks for the video Simone. I’ll get this figured out and let you know.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out, Simone! It turns out, it was a hold over from the decision to make 8 songs permanently free. The 2 green buttons on the landing page were doing the same thing, so I changed them. Now the button in the top right corner says “Log in” and takes you to the log in page if you’re not already logged in. If you are, it’ll take you directly to the song library.

I’m so glad you found this issue. It would have been confusing for new users, and I’m planning on going live as soon as the attorneys get done revising my terms and conditions and privacy pages.

1 Like

Things are getting real, y’all! Today the site will ask you to agree to the terms and conditions to continue using it.

I’m pretty proud of these terms. Yes, they protect me, but I feel like it’s a good balance of protecting you, too. For example, it spells out that JT will not sell your private information, and it sets boundaries on what I can do with your song data. It’s the least “legalese” terms page I’ve ever read (not that anyone ever reads them.)

4 Likes

You gone all legit on us!:joy:

1 Like

@Mark_Rocka can we mention your name on the BHO thread? It seems that some folks may think you’re not a real person. Thanks to @Richard621 for starting the post over there. BTW, I’m assuming you’re a real person. If not, I got dibs on the #3 Twanger please.

3 Likes

LOL! As soon as I stop being a real person, it’s yours. :laughing:

Yeah, I guess it’s OK to mention me being a real person. I mean, how else would a site as complex as JT get built? AI isn’t there… yet.

2 Likes

I just posted a reply there of my own. Hopefully I don’t get flamed off the board. Some of those guys seem a little upset that Strum Machine might have competition.

2 Likes

I posted it there with good intentions but I give up on.figuring people out. Ive been through hell the last 5 years and playing and learning banjo and reading the Bible are my only refuge.

4 Likes

I haven’t posted on Banjo Hangout in years. Seemed like everyone over there just wanted to argue about everything you posted. There are definitely a lot nicer and friendly people over here. Willing to share and help others. Mark is a perfect example of that.

3 Likes

I get it. When I was in a band, I said I’d stay until it wasn’t fun any more. It stopped being fun, so I quit. If those guys on BHO just want to argue, I’ll just quit that place, too. I tried to be as friendly as possible, so hopefully it will foster some good spirited engagement.

3 Likes

I like how the one guy was most offended that there were spoons in the app.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot to address that.

1 Like

5 Likes

Those dudes look like they could crank out some Bela Fleck!

1 Like

@FIrebelly I LOL’d for reals on that one

1 Like

Edit - I ditched Endorsely. They’re near useless. I’m trying out other affiliate programs now.

Head up. I just set up an affiliate program, which means that the line on the Terms and Conditions page that said I don’t use any form of tracking cookies was no longer true. Now I have to use them to track who gets the credit for sending the new customer, so you’ll be seeing the Terms pop up again next time you log in.

If anyone is interested in making some money selling JamTrainer, you can sign up at:

You’ll get 10% of any sale made.

3 Likes

We’re here! The official launch of the JamTrainer.com site. It’s been a long journey, but we finally made it. To celebrate, we’re offering $30 off a Founding Member subscription. Pay once and never pay again. Your total price will be $119 at checkout (+ tax if you’re in Texas.) Just use this link to claim the discount through Oct 18.

4 Likes

Congrats @Mark_Rocka! I am excited for you.

2 Likes

Awesome Mark! Congratulations!

2 Likes