Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Beta testers needed / Play with my app! It's fun!

I personally prefer option B. But either option works great.

2 Likes

I like option B the best, but also could use either one.

2 Likes

Option B

1 Like

B

1 Like

Option B.

1 Like

Wow… I wasn’t expecting the outcome to be so unanimous.

The reason I was asking is that I plan to be rolling out the ability to print tabs and lyrics sheets from the app later today. One benefit of having the chords inline is that it takes up less vertical space, meaning less paper used. I decided to just offer users both options. I’m playing with it now. It will go live with the printing option.

2 Likes

New features are up.

It changes the above layout to this:

Which apparently won’t be used by many of you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Then there’s the new Lyrics / Tab printing option. You’ll find that under Menu / Song / Print.

You’ll have the option to print the chord chart, lyrics, tabs, or the notes of the song.

I really didn’t think this would get much attention, but apparently a lot of people really like their paper hard copies.

3 Likes

Is there an option to let the user pick? I prefer the chords on top. I’m not sure about the strum marks.

There is now. Check my post right above yours.

2 Likes

Mark…do you think you can add…Heaven Sent ?

Possibly. I’m not familiar with that one and I found more than one option for it when looking it up. Is this the version you’re looking for?

If not, post a link and I’ll work on it.

Yes. Thats the one

That’s a great song. In my opinion, that Steeldrivers album was one of the best bluegrass albums ever.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. I never realized Chris Stapleton was an original member. Plus the banjo intro and melodic break is so wonderful

1 Like

Ok. I’ll see what I can do. We’re on a little mini vacation heading to Dallas right now. Might be a good time to test to portability features of the app. I should be able to learn the song and create it on my iPhone. If we have a little down time, I think this would be a good test for that.

1 Like

OK, I hope I’m not missing something. I just gave it a quick listen while the family is getting ready this morning. I think it’s the same 3 chords over and over. Sounds like I could literally get away with just 1 line of chords.

I went ahead and set up a full verse / chorus so it would be visibly easier to track. Take a look and let me know if that’s right.

1 Like

Sounds good to me, but I looked at some of the sheet music for it on line, and it seems to show A minor as the minor chord? Not sure cause I didn’t listen to it though.

1 Like

Jeez. I should really try being awake before doing music. You’re right. It’s an Am. Song updated.

1 Like

Hahahah👍

Thank you for adding that song

2 Likes