Man, that’s just the coolest thing ever! I like to think about how those are my samples, and so technically, you and I have now jammed together. 
Thanks for posting!
Man, that’s just the coolest thing ever! I like to think about how those are my samples, and so technically, you and I have now jammed together. 
Thanks for posting!
Hahah, a virtual jam! 
Nice! I have to look, been driving all day. I will dig in this weekend. We need more Cowbell!
As you probably saw, I recently sent out an email asking for feedback, and I got some really good ones. One that I wasn’t expecting was a request to add Van Morrison’s Brown Eyed Girl to the library. That one request revealed a TON of things the app couldn’t do… like mute individual instruments during playback, have music playing before the count-in is finished, or offset the bass groove beyond a simple 1 & 3, or a 1,2,3,4 with a full walk cycle.
So I got to work. You can now mute any of the 5 instruments on individual chord cells and have them begin playback while the count-in is still going:
And the coolest addition is the custom rhythm addition. With very little effort, you can now create a bass groove and have the notes fire on 8 sections of a chord cell (which I think translates to 1/32 notes if I’m doing my math right.)
I have a feeling this will be a nice feature to have in the future.
Head over and pull up Brown Eyed Girl and check it out. I think it’s pretty cool (even if it’s not bluegrass.
)
Wow!
This app is really amazing, and it keeps getting better!
Really cool!
Funny thing is that I’ve been using this app for weeks and thought the only songs were the ones in the song lists (beginner, intermediate, and advanced). I didn’t even see the entire song list. Then dummy me responds to the feedback request, “Duh, I wish it had more songs.”
now I see that it has every song I could imagine that were right under my nose! Thanks for your hard work on this Mark!
HA! Thanks Chuck. That, in itself, could be feedback to work with, though. Since I spend 10+ hours a day every day looking at the app, it’s easy for me to think that everyone knows where everything is and what you need is just a click or two away. When I hear that someone has been using the app for weeks and is just now discovering the Song Library, my first thought is “What can I do to make sure this doesn’t happen again?”
So, if you have any suggestions on how to make the Song Library more easily accessible, I’m all ears.
I think it’s good, it was just my over-site. I was too focused on the beginner, intermediate and advanced lists, and didn’t see it. Once I backed out, it was plain as day.
Been a few days since I posted. I’ve been working on background stuff that most users won’t notice, but this morning I got the new banjo samples in place. The app had been working with only 5 open string samples, which means that it had to compress the notes when playing tab for anything other than open strings. It sounded very synthetic on the higher frets.
With the new samples, it now sounds like it’s supposed to. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before, but all of the banjo samples have been made with a General Store purchased Gold Tone RB-3 Twanger. Twanger #3 to be exact. 
Just wanted to give y’all an A/B comparison of the old verses the new banjo samples. I’ve been sitting here listening to this for half an hour now while working on other things. It’s incredible what a difference this made. I mean, I knew it needed to be done, but I didn’t know how badly.
That’s a great improvement!
Whoa!
Awesome! You keep polishing the diamond shinier!
I figured “While I’m messing with Tab View, why not add finger indicators?”
There are 2 issues with this:
1 - the fingering is only available in XML format imports. Exporting from TablEdit as ASCII text (which is what we started with) doesn’t include that info.
2 - for some reason, TablEdit will export banjo finger numbers (as of version 3.5, I think) but the latest version still doesn’t export pick direction for mando or guitar. Not sure why that is.
@Michael_Mark this update’s for you. You can now create your own customized color theme. Just in time for Independence Day!

I feel like I’m in over my head on this one. I have added it because it exists in Strum Machine and I’ve found several songs that use it, but I’m not sure I have a full understanding of exactly what voltas and codas are.
From what I gather, a Volta is a piece of a song that plays once, and is then skipped when that section starts over. So at the end of “run 1” in the cell before “2”, the playback starts over, but then it skips everything from 1 to 2 the second time and goes straight to the cell marked “2.”
The best I could come up with for Coda is that it’s an ending, and the song will go from wherever you place the Coda marker down to the Coda section and end the song.
If you see errors in my understanding, or even have tips on how to better define this in the app (look for the Volta button in the Chord Footer) please let me know. I’d never heard the words Volta and Coda until I started working on this a couple of days ago.
Hey Mark, quick question……is there a way to have a portion of a song only play once but the rest of the song continues to play? The best example would be Flint Hill Special. Currently, the intro (D-tuner part) plays, then the main section, then the second D-tuner part, but then instead of going back to the main section, it plays the intro D-tuner part again which obviously doesn’t happen in the actual song. I tried to get it to only play once but couldn’t seem to figure it out. It’s probably right under my nose, but I can’t seem to find it. I’m sure there are other songs that have an intro that you wouldn’t want to repeat again as the songs cycles back through. Hope this question makes sense.
Thanks,
Chuck