Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Ben’s lick he taught at camp

Man, this lick fits just about anywhere. Here are 4 examples in John Henry where it fits over various chords and chord changes.

19 Likes

Fun!

1 Like

Tab please! (just that little lick) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yep, that’s what you do with it! Good job!

2 Likes

#NailedIt

1 Like

Wow! Loving that Mark! Well played. :+1:

1 Like

nice picking Mark

1 Like

cool!

1 Like

Every time I listen to you play, I am speechless! Amazing!

2 Likes

I love that tune and you play it very well. Thanks for sharing : )

1 Like

Wow! Thanks y’all!

Killer! Thanks Mark.

1 Like

This video gets saved into my “Special Folder” Thanks Mark!

1 Like

I’ve figured this lick out (or something pretty darn close) and am now having fun with it. John Henry, John Hardy, and foggy mountain breakdown will all never be the same :joy:

2 Likes

Is it preferable to play the lick from D to G, G to D, C to G, or D to C? Or is it all the same if it works? Oh, I just remembered my actual question, is it a G lick, or a D lick, or a C lick?

Yes. :wink:

Seriously, this lick works just about anywhere.

2 Likes

Guess I missed it, but is the Lick tabbed out somewhere? Or should we slow down and work it out?

I have it tabbed out at home. We’re on vacation right now. I’ll post it when we get back, unless someone else wants to beat me to it.

1 Like

Well, as I’ve learned it (not sure if it’s correct) it’s a cool lick, but it’s too long for most places I want to put it, so I’ve shortened it into two derivative licks, one is a standard kind of bluesy lick, and the other is a Ron Blockish style bluesy lick. John Hardy will yet again never be the same :joy:

I promise I’ll get around to getting the tab posted. Work has just been crazy lately. Just pulled another 14 hour day. Great for the bank account. Bad for picking and sharing.