Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

BB Inaugural Camp Photos Videos and Contact Info

Starting a forum dedicated to uploading pictures, videos, and contact information from Banjo Ben’s Inaugural Camp last weekend (if it’s ok with Banjo Ben)! Share any good photos and videos you have! Leave your name, email, and FB contact info (if you want to share).

Can’t wait to see them!! Thanks!

6 Likes

I’d suggest that any outside/personal contact info might be better shared through Private messaging…just my take on it

Good idea.

Hey Thomas! Welcome to the forum!

I like the idea of a single place for all of our pics and videos. Hang tight on the sharing of contact info, though. Ben will be sending out a follow up survey to all the campers soon. It’ll have an opt-in section for sending / receiving contact info that Ben will then use to send an email to all of us with that info in it.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about everyones’ experiences.

1 Like

Meli (my daughter) and I sure wish we could have been there. Especially after looking at the delicious Hog on the roaster. (there goes my mouth watering again!)

Good suggestion @Mark_Rocka about a follow-up questionaire. Even though we couldn’t make it, I keep wondering how it all went. Although it was a small group, it appears it went outstandingly well. An answer to Prayer! A couple of thoughts crossed my mind in case Camps in the future grow to a LARGER size!

Thought #1: Would it make sense to have Camps for different age-groups? Problem here, is that even in the same age-group, skill-level may vary widely.

Thought #2: Would it make sense to have Camps based on different Skill-levels? Maybe send in audition tape to join a “Green-belt, Gold-belt, Black-belt Camp” to allow the Teachers to focus on that particular skill-level?

Thought #3: Keep the Camp mixed for age & skill-levels (eg. Inaugural Camp Style). The idea here might be to take advantage of the synergy & idea that everyone can learn from each other and Teachers can cover a wide range of instruction. This might be more difficult with a much larger camp.

What do you think? Or am I getting the cart before the horse? :sunglasses::smiley::smile::rofl::star_struck::sunglasses:

I don’t think so. The ages at this camp ran the gambit and everyone got something out of it.

This camp was set up specifically for beginners, and everyone knew that going in. Some folks there were very proficient on one instrument, so they attended the camp for an instrument they weren’t as well versed with.

This may be a possibility. Ben would have to customize the lessons so that the info wasn’t specific to a given instrument, or he’d have to do 3 times the work for each skill level. Might be tough.

I think Ben is constantly thinking about ways to improve the camp. It was a resounding success, don’t get me wrong, but Ben is Ben. He’s always looking for a way to outdo himself. :wink:

4 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

There wasn’t no “trying” for me. My eyeballs turned in to water fountains during “Things I Wish My Daddy Knew” but I knew what was about to happen as soon as they played those opening notes. That song gets me every time. Doubly so when I see them play it live and that was my second time for that.

I didn’t realize that Penny was recovering from laryngitis until after they were done. Talk about a trooper!

2 Likes

And it was even after that performance that she insisted she could still sing Dancin On My Grave so I could get that video I posted. Them Clark’s have music in their blood!

1 Like

We will hold off on contact info till I can share privately with folks’ permission, but please share photos and videos here! Y’all are so kind! Thank you for those words.

3 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Sorry for the low quality on some of them, I had to reduce the quality to be able to post them.

Missin’ everybody already! lol

6 Likes

Let’s do it again next week.

11 Likes

I’ve been so busy trying to get caught up on work I haven’t had a chance to touch my banjo since the camp until this morning. Inside the resonator still smells like camp fire. It made me smile. :slight_smile:

8 Likes