Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo only camp beginner

Hey @BanjoBen just had a question about the banjo only camp coming up in a couple weeks. I had good intentions of spending the last few months getting some basics down but life has a way of happening. Will I still be ok in the beginner class?

4 Likes

You’ll be fine. I’d recommend downloading the song list and at least listenIng to them. Get familiar with the melodies and chord changes. At least that way you’re not going in to camp totally blind.

5 Likes

On a separate note, there was a guy that felt overwhelmed on his first day of beginner banjo, so much so he told Ben he wasn’t coming back for the other 2 days. Long story short, Ben talked him in to coming back, and he ended up having a great time. Said he was grateful Ben convinced him to stick it out.

5 Likes

Hi Scott

I’ve never been to a Cabin Camp, but from what I have read on this forum it’s a great experience. @Mark_Rocka will keep you right, trust him.

3 Likes

@scott_wilson, I’d like to second the comments from @Mark_Rocka
I wasn’t the person he told the story about, but I felt the same way that fella did during the first day…but pushed through and had a WONDERFUL time. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that came back for more the next year! It’s an interesting mix of opportunities you’ll be exposed to, and you can rest assured that you’ll not be put under any pressure beyond whatever you choose to put on yourself. Go for it!

4 Likes

Don’t stress about anything. Cabin camp is a safe place to say “I don’t know!!”. You’ll learn so much and want to go again and again. But, like Mark said, try to familiarize yourself with some of the songs and chord shapes.

2 Likes