Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Mute

I have the Gold Tone Ultimate Banjo Mute that is priced for just $15. It works OK but is extremely easy to use… just slide over strings and - done.

Additionally, I also roll up some (Clean :joy: ) socks to place behind the rod on my Hollowback. It acts as a sort of make-shift dampener as it deadens the head.

Gold Tone Ultimate Banjo Mute https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041T4DK4/?&ref=flgs_ip_share

1 Like

The towel behind an open back would def be the easy solution.

I’ve never used one. I just know that my spending on banjo and banjo related accessories has to have a limit.

In the video review I did of Mike’s Banjo Mute, I had a towel stuffed into the back of my banjo. The mute still cut it down dramatically.

1 Like

Will, you mean over the bridge and not the strings, right?

GT-MUTE-2T

1 Like

Well, don’t I feel silly…

I have slid it over strings - in the fashion of a string dampener.

Thanks for the illustration! I will try this method tomorrow!

2 Likes

I’m not laughing … :joy::joy::joy: Sorry. Glad I could help! Lemme know how you like it. Mine works great. On the bridge. (Snicker)

2 Likes

Have you since tried it as a dampener? I probably isn’t AS effective - but it does work!

1 Like

You can laugh… cuz I AM a newbie…

1 Like

Brother, I’m way newbier! LOL… all in good fun!

It works… It REALLY WORKS… :roll_eyes::smirk:

1 Like

LOL… Awesome!

1 Like

Bob… are you now going to convince me that you put your picks on you right hand RING and PINKY fingers? Lol

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: Wait a minute… but there were 4 in the pack!

s-l300

3 Likes

OMG… you mean to suggest… I need one for every FINGER now?

:disappointed::astonished::cowboy_hat_face::facepunch::joy:

1 Like

1 string per finger? That’s brilliant!

3 Likes

ha…you guys are cracking me up…!

3 Likes

I KNOW that toes are way out… so don’t even try it… ‘crept for that funny curly lookin’ pick!!

1 Like

Not necessarily! LOL

3 Likes

I am a new player. I practice an hour a day after an hour my wife asked if anything can be done to quiet the banjo. If not its the banjo or her. I ordered mikes banjo mute a little pricy but it did a great job. I am glad it worked I would have missed my wife.

4 Likes