Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Mute

Will, you mean over the bridge and not the strings, right?

GT-MUTE-2T

1 Like

Well, don’t I feel silly…

I have slid it over strings - in the fashion of a string dampener.

Thanks for the illustration! I will try this method tomorrow!

2 Likes

I’m not laughing … :joy::joy::joy: Sorry. Glad I could help! Lemme know how you like it. Mine works great. On the bridge. (Snicker)

2 Likes

Have you since tried it as a dampener? I probably isn’t AS effective - but it does work!

1 Like

You can laugh… cuz I AM a newbie…

1 Like

Brother, I’m way newbier! LOL… all in good fun!

It works… It REALLY WORKS… :roll_eyes::smirk:

1 Like

LOL… Awesome!

1 Like

Bob… are you now going to convince me that you put your picks on you right hand RING and PINKY fingers? Lol

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: Wait a minute… but there were 4 in the pack!

s-l300

3 Likes

OMG… you mean to suggest… I need one for every FINGER now?

:disappointed::astonished::cowboy_hat_face::facepunch::joy:

1 Like

1 string per finger? That’s brilliant!

3 Likes

ha…you guys are cracking me up…!

3 Likes

I KNOW that toes are way out… so don’t even try it… ‘crept for that funny curly lookin’ pick!!

1 Like

Not necessarily! LOL

3 Likes

I am a new player. I practice an hour a day after an hour my wife asked if anything can be done to quiet the banjo. If not its the banjo or her. I ordered mikes banjo mute a little pricy but it did a great job. I am glad it worked I would have missed my wife.

4 Likes

Wait until your wife knocks your banjo over and breaks the headstock. Yeah, that just happened. :frowning: It was an accident… but man I’m still bummed out about it.

I’ve been playing my banjo for about 5 years now, at least an hour a day, with no mute and only the door to the room closed, and my wife wouldn’t know if I was playing or not. I think they can get used to it but I probably wouldn’t guarantee it. The only ones who seem to pay attention to my playing are the dogs and the big one seems to have given up on me, so now its just me and the little dog.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Not that it would be good for any instrument I sure hope it wasn’t your Goldstar.

It was, indeed. It’s not completely broken off, so I’m hoping the repair won’t be too difficult. I’m lucky enough to know some top notch luthiers, so I’m taking the neck to one of them soon.

I’ve owned that Banjo longer than any other instrument I have. It was like finding out a friend had been injured.

2 Likes