Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Cabin Camp Video

If you were unable to attend camp, this is a glimpse of our weekend. Mrs Alicia will be pushing this out tomorrow to all the camp folks who don’t regularly check the forum.
Doug Richardson

Camp Video Link

19 Likes

Thanks for all of your work putting this together, Doug! It turned out great! There’s a ton of good info in there.

4 Likes

Thanks Doug!!

2 Likes

Very nice job on this! Thanks Doug (and the squirrels thank you too!)

2 Likes

To anyone interested, I have tabbed out Katy’s backup banjo lesson from the first day as well as Russ Carson’s demonstration of backup playing with Ben. I tried to post the files here, but the forum just ain’t having it. Send me your email in a PM and I’ll make sure to get you the files.

6 Likes

PM winging it’s way to you now Mark

1 Like

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Doug for sharing this video.

Can someone please remind me what the name of the tune Alan Munde is playing in front of Ben’s fire place. at about 8.47 in. I am sure I worked on this tune a few years back.

@Archie Blackberry Blossom I believe.

2 Likes

That’s it! Thank you Justus. I do recall working on that one. If my memory serves me well I had timing issues with it. Must revisit it soon see if I can do better.

2 Likes

I’ve learned one Alan Munde version of BBB. For some reason mine has never sounded like his. I plan on using this video for getting the feel of his syncopation and working on the, “further up the neck” break.

@Archie I wish you could have made this camp.

3 Likes

I do too but alas it wasn’t to be. All my favourite teachers were their too.

I am sure @BanjoBen has Alan’s arrangement on the site. Check the intermediate lesson section

1 Like

Check also the Beginner Section there is definitely an UTN Arr there.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/wtfGwdVOgPU Another video from the final night…

9 Likes

Thank you @Wayne_H I love Alan Munde’s story about the knife and fork. But I am guessin @BanjoBen had already figured a way to get the food off the plate and into his mouth long before he reached South Plains. Texas

2 Likes

Coool…

I had completely forgotten about this custom reply Ben made years ago to a question I had about learning where chords are. It seems to go perfectly with Katy’s backup lessons she taught at camp.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/241172397

4 Likes