Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Ben's Inaugural Cabin Camp, March 28-30, 2019!

OK well, you go boy…:crossed_fingers:

Is there a “daily schedule” posted up yet? Just want to discuss it with my wife who is coming as an extra so she can plan her days in Nashville since she’ll have our vehicle.

I’m about to release detailed session descriptions, but the schedule is set. Spouses are welcome to arrive a half hour before suppertime.
Thursday: Student-only welcome lunch at noon, guests arrive at 6PM for a 6:30PM suppertime, jams end at 9PM.
Friday: Students arrive at 9AM (breakfast not served), guests arrive at 6PM for a 6:30PM suppertime, jams end at 9PM.
Saturday: Students arrive at 9AM (breakfast not served), guests arrive at 6PM for a 6:30PM suppertime, jams end at whenever we get done :wink:
Sunday: 9AM church service at Tulip Grove Baptist, class at 10:30, end at 11:30AM. Lunch somewhere, then head to Carter’s Vintage guitars around 1PM. All welcome, of course.

I just sent out an email to all attendees with directions, instructions, and itinerary. Let me know if you didn’t get it! Here’s a pic of the camp schedule:

4 Likes

Man, that looks great! Can’t wait until the next camp.

Wow, this reads like and army boot camp time table.

Group Exercise.
Five mile jog,
50 star jumps
100 Press Ups
Followed by a sprint 3 times round Ben’s Back yard.

Melody before Breakfast.

Food glorious food. What are the odds you guy’s are going to put on a few extra pounds before this weekend is out.

Ya’ll have a great time and be sure to share your stories here on the forum.

2 Likes

Ambitious schedule to be sure, but not unlike Band Camps I’ve been to. It always seems like trying to drink through a fire-hose, but got to be willing to move on to the next subject in schedule and put everything into long-term memory to be digested later. Will send up prayers that all goes well and everyone is inspired.

2 Likes

So I just booked my rental car. Apparently all of the companies play a little game. If I booked the car Thursday - Sunday, the price was $15 a day. If I started the rental on Wednesday, the price jumped to $68 a day. I called, and there was no way to adjust the price.

So, I created 2 separate bookings. One for Wednesday, returning Thursday morning, and one Thursday - Sunday evening. The first day costs as much as all the other days combined. Worst case scenario, though, I just have to drive back to the airport and get another car. Not a big deal.

Just wanted to give you folks a heads up.

1 Like

Yeah, they do that, and I’ve solved it exactly the way you did.

1 Like

ok… so spare a thought for the less fortunate having to suffer the British weather while you are all enjoying yourselves in the sun, playing and learning so much… is that jealous enough for Y’all…

Have a good time everyone and maybe one day i’ll make it :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Save money as I do for the Euro version :smile:.
Don’t wanna miss that one.
Missed this one with 3 days or so.

1 Like

Even us nashvillian non-band camp folks? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Y’all take lots of video of the carter vintage trip. that’s one of my dream destinations

That’s what I call cleaver thinking. @Mark_Rocka

1 Like

5 minutes of extra booking time is definitely worth the $364 I saved (after all the taxes.) :wink:

1 Like

For sure! Come on!

I just picked up a huge redheaded bearded Aggie banjo picker that smelled of snow from the airport … @5stringpreacher is now in Tennessee time!

5 Likes

I think you all are going to have a blast. Everyone travel safe!

1 Like

The smell of snow makes no scents.

5 Likes

:rofl: