Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Ben's Eefing Contest!

Great job, @marianandmark !

2 Likes

Just want to say congrats to all the winners and thanks to everyone who entered. That took some courage and it was most entertaining.

7 Likes

I agree @Archie,

However, I had not seen the actual winners nor who the Guest Judge was.

Has it been posted?

2 Likes

Hi Will, It was live on @BanjoBen 's Facebook Page at 5pm CST.

I am sure Ben will post details here when he is ready

Here is the Mystery Guest Judge

7 Likes

Thanks @Archie,

I avoid Facebook… but not necessarily for Ben but I was having dinner with my family.

2 Likes

Here’s the judging video if you’re interested.

11 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks for posting the whole thing @Mark_Rocka… Mark-e-Mark! and CONGRATS to you, Allie!

Mostly, this whole thing was great fun and makes our quarantine much more enjoyable… so thanks @BanjoBen!

:joy::joy::joy::facepunch::musical_note::notes::wink::+1:

8 Likes

@Archie thanks for the kind words! This jaw harp is the only one I’ve ever owned…ever since I was a kid…nothing special as far as I know. Been years since I pulled it out. It’s funny, but it sounds a lot better to me on the recording than it does to my ears when I make noise with it…maybe that would be the case for you too? I feel your pain…I seem to quite often hit my teeth as well as my tongue. In fact, the plating is even chipped a little (presumably from the repeated impacts). :grimacing:

4 Likes

That looks quite a classy harp. The ones I see for sale look cheap by comparison. Is that a makers name I see?

2 Likes

@Archie no, it it’s not a maker’s mark. That’s a “MADE IN USA” showing that was in the casting. Have no idea who made it. Probably purchased in the early to mid 1970’s. The other side has no markings. This side was pictured to show the missing plating and rust. :flushed:

4 Likes

Congrats to the winners, Allie and @Mark_Rocka! We had some great entries and thanks to all who participated!

15 Likes

thank_you @xmark

3 Likes

Yay @Mark_Rocka, Allie!

5 Likes

Congrats to the winners! The victory was well deserved!

8 Likes

Reaper software is what I used. It’s not a video editor per se, but for audio it seems from my very limited exposure (about a week or so this time*) that the sky’s the limit. I needed the multi-track audio capability (and free evaluation) and it happens to also be able to handle at the very least basic video work concurrently (no split-screen, layering, or anything that fancy like that). The tracks had to be arranged just-so in order to pull this off without additional video software. I’m sure there are some features in there somewhere that would have made it easier and better than what you see here. I only have an evaluation version, but it let me render down a video recording anyway! I learned an awful lot in the process.

I don’t know anything about LightWorks, but I’d like to learn more about video editing software. I think I’d enjoy it.

*Some time ago, I loaded a much older version of Reaper to play with, but was a bit overwhelmed and gave up. This time, I had a goal in mind and somehow manged to struggle through.

P.S. Congratulations on the well-deserved win!

6 Likes

Thanks, but I was honestly rooting for you. I think you’re the only one that put in more work than I did, except for Jake. He really set the gold standard with that lesson.

What’s kinda cool, though, is that I got to be there when the Eefing lesson idea was birthed. It happened on the last night of camp last year after most campers had left. I couldn’t believe how thoroughly Jake turned a silly idea into a reality. :flushed::laughing:

8 Likes

I fight that relearning battle everyday! When new info enters my brain it pushes something else out. I’ve finally gotten to the point where I can literally hide my own Easter eggs…:thinking:

8 Likes

Dude that’s hilarious, but it hits really close to home. We hid eggs for our 3 year old yesterday cuz we expected storms today. He got done and my wife said “did we get 'em all?”

I seriously had no idea. :laughing:

4 Likes

@Mark_Rocka, Been there too :rofl:! Congrats on your Eef win :blush:!

Also congrats to Allie & the runners up and actually to everyone who submitted a video! Great job by all!!

4 Likes

I can remember multiple times as a yute while looking for Easter eggs, finding ones that had been hidden in previous years. They weren’t very tasty :woozy_face:

9 Likes