Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Ben hat maintenance question

Ok, so yesterday I was out riding my bike, and it started raining and I got soaked. I happened to be wearing my banjo Ben hat, and it also got completely soaked. Is it tumble dryer safe? How should I dry it? @BanjoBen @Jake @AdamAsh @Mark_Rocka @Archie any help appreciated thanks

4 Likes

I usally let mine air-dry, but I guess it doesn’t typically get completely drenched. The General Store page says it’s machine washable, but I don’t know about a dryer.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Best way to dry the hat is to just wear it in the sun or leave on a towel in a warm room.

5 Likes

Is that what makes one a mad hatter?? :wink: Just when Gunnar wanted to unlock himself down…

3 Likes

Wearing it out in the sun could make you get you a label as a “Hot Head”.

I know from all those years of playing baseball as a kid.

You know, I am so fair-skinned, and played baseball so much for so long, we used to have “Baseball hat Tans”… Uneven tanning with white foreheads and tanned faces. Lol.

It wasn’t bad… until you removed the hat for church. :roll_eyes::billed_cap:

4 Likes

Never done me any harm, 9 years in the army rain, sleet, snow & sunshine.

4 Likes

Yeah, I hear ya @Archie. Baseball as a kid, Hats in the Air Force and don’t get me started on the collection of Baseball hats I have… with the pride of my collection, my prized, orange @BanjoBen Hat that I use 4-1 over all the others combined. Even after many washings, it still looks great!

In my mid 50’s, I still have a very full head of hair… dispelling THAT myth. Now, it doesn’t seem to help the grays… except to cover them up, that is! :joy::joy:

On a more serious note, @Dragonslayer, my wife reports never putting it in the dryer… primarily because we don’t have the Dryer Hat Guard device that Dave showed.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’d put mine in the dryer. The sizing belt in the back is made of plastic. Being in a dryer might do a real number on it.

I’d just let it air dry for a day.

5 Likes

Yep! Just let it dry out on a towel, I melted one of those hat baskets once. Mine get wet all the time . Just tweek the brim the way you like it and it’ll dry out in a day or so.

3 Likes

Ok thanks y’all, I’ll leave it to air dry then

4 Likes

I’ve dried mine in a dryer for years. Just use lower setting.

3 Likes

I usually just let my hats air dry… I haven’t specifically wet either of my Banjo Ben hats, but I’d imagine they’d air dry fine.

5 Likes

If you took it to outer space, I think the water would almost instantly vaporize.

Or maybe freeze then sublimate.

4 Likes

I’ll probably leave it in front of a ceramic heating fan that you may not have/need it in your part of the country. Or will hold it up high above electric stove for a while with necessary precautions before air dry. But I assume it is dried by now.

2 Likes