Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Back yard skiing

any one ever skied in there back yard i have

3 Likes
11 Likes

I live in the mountains and am clearing the brush so I can snowboard.

3 Likes

Wow looks like fun. Being from Louisiana, the only backyard skiing involves water (unfortunately I don’t have any water like that in my backyard but I guess that keeps the snakes and gators)

3 Likes

I live in Texas and we have more ice than snow. When we first moved to this neighborhood there were only 7 houses. We got a good snow/ice storm so we got a four wheel drive a rope and some skis (we also tried a disk and some other things) and towed around the neighborhood. The speed was limited more by the vehicle than the skis. If I remember correctly the top recorded speed was 43.

5 Likes

Great fun! That’s ski joring (skikjøring). I did that as a kid behind a Ski-Doo snowmobile in the late 1960’s. My dad did skijoring behind a horse when he was a kid. You can build some bodacious speed when turning. And jumping – dangerous but really fun. :grin:

5 Likes

I didn’t know it had a name… I have learned something so my day is complete!

1 Like

It’s fun to play in the snow! We have to use snowshoes to pack down a few trails in our yard so our corgi can frolic. He loves the snow!

7 Likes

Man that’s the best thing I’ve seen all day @BanJoe Reminds me of my dog. :joy: I notice youtube channel is Murdoch Crabtree. I was just wondering if it had anything to do with William Murdoch & George Crabtree. :grin:

1 Like

Very good! There are not very many that would recognize the reference! I’m impressed & pleased!
My dog is very smart (and being raised by a “Jesuit”), so Murdoch was a natural.

2 Likes

@BanJoe I figured it was more than just a mere coincidence. :grin: You sound like someone who never misses an episode.

1 Like

We watched the first four seasons, then the CBC affiliate in Kingston, Ont (CKWS) dropped CBC & became a CTV affiliate. That means they now show nothing but crappy American TV shows.
I think the series ran for at least 10 seasons. It was a clever program.

1 Like

Man, you had just got started. Thats too bad. I know what you mean about these new american shows. :laughing: Actually funny were talking bout it they’re actually airing the new episode for season 14 now. If you don’t mind watching them out of order there are a few episode that have some how found there way on youtube for free if your interested.

3 Likes

That white stuff is why my wife and I no longer live off grid LOL we were so far in that with my wife’s dementia I decided we could no longer live that way
our property ran up into the west face of Mesa Redondo and we would get like 4 feet of snow in there and then we were stranded in there it was not good so we sold it and moved on.

1 Like