Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Back at It

Began picking about 7 years ago. Played a few hours a day for nearly 5 years, then just stopped one day. Two years later I’ve put new strings on the Huber and am starting to pick again. Became a Gold Pick life membership player about 2 years in. Sure glad I did so. It’s making getting going again SOOO much easier. Having to back nearly to the beginning of the beginners track, but that’s OK. Muscle memory is still there. Need new fingertip pads, but tht will come. Patting myself on the back here. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I’m terrified this might be happening to me. I missed Easter due to sickness, some RSV virus I think. Regardless, it has wiped me out. Not only have I not picked up my banjo in days, I don’t seem to have much desire to do so.
It may be the sickness, but there’s something deeper that’s been rolling around in the back of my brain. It’s a fundamental question: Just exactly why am I spending so much of what little time I have left practicing more & playing less?
Of course, it could be the drugs talking.

4 Likes

Welcome back to it, @Willin!!!

@BanJoe

Learning keeps you young and your mind agile. My advice as a “restarter” is listen to The Purple Hulls and feel again the desire to “learn and play that cool song!” Whichever one it may be, we’re all rooting or you!

1 Like