Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Audio Speed Changer

Is it possible to move the audio banjo sound tracks to the Audio Speed Changer (ASC) App? For anyone not familiar with the App, it allows you to change the speed of the sound track as little as 1% at a time. It is terrific for learning and gradually building speed.
I’ve attempted to use the app with Wayfaring Stranger, only to have the app indicate an error.
If anybody out there has had success with this process, I’d love to learn how to make it happen.
Blessings,
Jeffrey

Welcome to the forum, Jeff. While I have no experience with this specific app, I do use Anytune Pro + on my iPhone. I first download the audio then click the share button and send it to Anytune. I would suspect on a PC you would download the file, then perhaps, right click on the file and choose open with, then the program.

OK, what a question!
First, by “audio banjo soundtracks,” do you mean the TEF files or the backing tracks?
You can change the speed of the TEF files by going to Play>Relative Speed>

Next, I was looking at Audio Speed Changer and saw that it is a web-based service and you have to upload your file for conversion to a slower speed. It says wit works with mp3’s, which the backing tracks are, so it should work for you since they claim it works with “media formats, such as mp3, aac, mp4, wav, flac, ogg, m4a, avi, and many more.”

It also depends if you are using a PC or a phone for your audio. If it’s a phone, a quick check of the App Store shows several free apps for changing music speed.
If you are using a PC, Audacity is the way to go.

Unfortunately, anything with tech involves a learning curve. Good luck!

Hi @jrhine62 Jeffery welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum. I am not familiar with the Audio Speed Changer (ASC) App so I can’t provide a definitive answer. I use Audacity a small FREE software application which I downloaded from the internet. I download the backing track MP3 files from the lesson page which I can adjust the speed or edit for my needs / save the file to play along with at a later time. I am assuming the Audio Speed Changer (ASC) App is for an iPad or iPhone. @Mark_Rocka is probably the best person on the forum to advise you on this query.

Good morning Dave, Banjoe and Archie,
Thank you all for your help. It looks like I just need to keep working at it and possibly try a new app. I only use ASC on my Iphone. Since my hair turned Glad Man gray it seems the learning curve is a bit steeper for all things techy. Long live carbureted V8 gas guzzlers, recurve bows and wood arrows.
Thanks again for all the help and remember…
Drive fast and take lots of chances.
Blessings,
Jeffrey

2 Likes

Hang around Jeffery as I said earlier @Mark_Rocka is the man who should be able to offer some assistance if anyone can.

Hey Jeffrey! I don’t use ASC, but answers to the questions BanJoe asked would be really helpful to get this resolved. Are you downloading the MP3 backing tracks? If so, have you tried any other tracks from this site? What about songs not from this site?

Good morning Mark,
Thank you for responding. I’m not really sure how I accomplished it, but after dinking around with the process, I was finally able to get Wayfaring stranger successfully added to the Audio Speed Changer app.
Drive fast and take lots of chances,
Jeffrey

1 Like