Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Ashokan Farewell. Again

But this time on ACCORDION!!! Mwahahahahahaha!!! Just when you thought I was out of instruments…

22 Likes

Dude… how long have you been playing?!

Also, nice bow tie!

5 Likes

Sweet!! 🪗

4 Likes

I love this!

4 Likes

jpg Gunnar. Wee tip, don’t let the bellows open quite so wide. Squeezebox

4 Likes

Nice!

Though I’ve no knowledge on the instrument, but I tend to agree with Archie. Seems to me a direction change of the bellows is like that of the bow when fiddling…used for emphasis. You might try changing every three or six beats to emphasize the “ones”…and so on…?

I could be totally off on this idea though…

3 Likes

Now this is something completely different! It’s fun to see the variety of things you work up and the number of instruments you’re able to get your hands on :grinning:
Love the bow tie…nice touch.

4 Likes

You are an orchestra! :slight_smile: Good show!

3 Likes

Thanks y’all!! I might wear the bow tie in a few more vids upcoming…

I dabbled with it last year, but really about two months.

Thanks, I thought it might be a little wrong, but I didn’t know

It is exactly that, I’m actually working on the nashville shuffle, but the bellows is way heavier than a bow, and doesn’t change direction easily

3 Likes

Hi Gunnar, Yep if you allow the bellows to open too wide it’s hard to recover it also effects your co-ordination. I found it much easier to control if I kept the bottom tie on.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it!

2 Likes

Your talent never ceases to amaze me!
Good on ya, mate!

2 Likes

Thanks y’all!

1 Like

This was great, Ashokans Accordion! That ‘sea’ of buttons on the one side have always seemed intimidating looking to me, theres just so many of them…!

4 Likes

Thanks!

It is when you first tackle it, but it’s actually very intuitive. The hard part is that they all feel the same, and their proximity makes it easy to accidentally play the wrong chord

4 Likes

Sounded great! Now I’m in the mood for some jambalaya! :yum:

2 Likes

Good show, multi-function musician :musical_note:

3 Likes

Thanks!!

1 Like