Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Ashley Campbell -What tuning?

What tuning is Ashley using on this tune?

Really makes the banjo pop.

2 Likes

Using my tin ear while strumming my banjo, I would GUESS it’s a low D tuning, similar to what John Hartford used to play.

And wow! She does make that banjo ring!

3 Likes

Yep, f#DF#AD

3 Likes

Dang, you mean I was right!?!
I better be careful or I will lose my Beginner status! :scream:

10 Likes

Thank you guys

2 Likes

:laughing: I’ve long expected that you were running around on all us other beginners with the Intermediate folks. We trusted you!!

3 Likes

You’ve brought up a very sensitive subject.
Like so many others of Ben’s students, I strayed from the Beginner’s Learning Track and snuck ahead to try my hand at a couple Intermediate activities. I felt so decadent, free & wild!
But as I spent a little more time with the big kids, I realized they were talking about things I didn’t understand. They did things I was scared to do. I was confused, uncertain and began to doubt myself. Like the prodigal son, I needed to go back home.
So sure, I may have a couple Intermediate experiences under my belt, but they are built on a foundation of sand.
Trust me, as a Beginner, that’s my Expert opinion!

6 Likes

@Brent.H & @BanJoe
That was hilarious, and great, and a wonderful start to my morning :grin:

3 Likes

I get it. I too have tasted the sweet nectar of the Intermediate track. But suddenly the wisdom of a Flatt & Scruggs tune hits me, and I realize she’s a little too high heavy and I need to get back to the homely one that’ll stick with me. I may have lost track of what I’m talking about here.

3 Likes

I was the same @BanJoe I found myself tackling Intermediate and Advance lessons long before I was ready to move up the ladder. It’s only by challenging yourself that you progress.

5 Likes