Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Are You 50 or Older

Wow Ben! Sounds like you’ve traveled that “road” also.

2 Likes

More than any 40-year-old should :wink:

4 Likes

I have always had a low PSA but since I turned 70 I am not offered a test any more , just turned 76 this year and the last one I had the level was so low I don’t think I will ever die of cancer there We do have the best heath care in the world America is great in many ways. My fingers have took a dive and I really have to try hard to hit the strings right and the right strings . .Keep wanting to peck the top of the guitar with the end of the pick.

2 Likes

Thankful for low PSAs!
If only agility of body parts would stay nimble and painless!

1 Like

This procedure, called capsule endoscopy, is generally used to evaluate the small intestine, which is mostly inaccessible to scopes, and does not adequately look at the colon. Sorry guys, this is not the answer.
Bob Jacobs, MD

3 Likes

I thought endoscopy evaluates the esophogus.

By all means @Mark_Rocka, welcome to the club.

Proceed through the doorway to receive your prize - as hospital staff have been advised and are awaiting your entrance with exceptional glee.

Oh man… Let’s hope the doctor’s don’t get that confused @Treblemaker!

Can I suggest this is a cr*ppy video to post @Dragonslayer and having to watch it was a real pain in the…

Neck.

1 Like

The term “endoscopy” is a general one which means looking inside of a body area by use of a scope rather than by direct visualization with an eyeball. Looking into the colon is “colonoscopy”, the esophagus is “esophagoscopy”, etc.

Older… :thinking: Older than what? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Dirt!

1 Like

Sorry for being late to this party, but thought I’d share. Several years ago I was having my first colonoscopy and was asked if I wanted to participate in a trial of the camera approach. I thought it sounded easier than the normal method so I said sure.

First off, I found out you still have to do the hardest part—the gallon of prep. And then the camera looks way too big to swallow, But it went down easy enough. Then you wait, and wait, and wait in the doctor’s office. I actually ran into an old high school buddy I hadn’t seen in decades. Nice to reminisce, but my wife got a chuckle out of the fact that we got competitive about who would be able to “pass” the test first (he won, by the way). After it was all over I found out I had to do the normal colonoscopy just two weeks after that for test data—obviously I don’t pay enough attention to details.

Stay safe everyone!

1 Like

Also late to the colonoscopy topic party. I have a bunch of funny stories of my own (fortunately all funny). Back when I had my first, they still kept you wide awake so that you could watch the “procedure”. Honestly, there is a reason why God put that hole in my body where I cannot see it directly and getting a periscope view of the area seems to me to be a bad idea. So when they offered the monitor, I told them “no thanks”. After they began, I commented to the doctor that I could feel each time they hit a “bend in the road”, they put me out at that point. :smirk:
But as folks have said, the prep is where you have most of the “fun”. The second time around, I had a particularly monumental “cleansing”. I remember after drinking the second prep, things “moved” quickly. I made it to the pot on time, broke into a sweat, had a life changing experience, looked back, and saw a 67 Volkswagen bus. “I don’t remember eating that”, I thought.
These days, they put you to sleep and you wake up somewhere you have never been before in a room with lots of folks with gas. But it is the best sleep of your life. Just remember to do like I did after my first one and go out and have a big steak dinner to undo all the good cleansing you did in the previous days. :wink:

1 Like

Also, take probiotics for a while after the whole “cleansing”. It really does a number o your biome…the normalcie of your own guts. Which are important for your bodies resilence and fighting disease.

1 Like

@Peg_E,

Are you feeling benefits from it? Are you feeli g healthier?

1 Like

Im 74 and had them every five years since I was 50. they always take a snip or two. Im pretty sure its the thing to do.

Yes, and they make an incredible difference!

Hippocrates said “All health begins in your gut”.

Did you know most humans have various parasites. Taking care of your biome is what takes care of this.

Any fermented food is fantastic for your biome. eg. yogurt, sauerkraut, pickles, cottage cheese.

Gulp down one tablespoon one tablespoon of whole milk unflavored greek yogurt with every meal, and you’ll be a new person in two weeks.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip @Treblemaker!

@WillCoop I just saw your reply, sorry bout that!
Yes, good probiotics, sauerkraut which is easy to make your own and add goodies you might like (garlic, spices), pickles, etc. as Trblemaker said.
If I ger a stomach ache I often first grab a pickle and things calm down.

1 Like