Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

April 8-10, 2021 Nashville Camp!

Registration opens Friday, October 9, at noon central!

12 Likes

A reminder that this camp registration opens today at noon central! You’ll receive an email if you’re on my store or lessons email list, but best thing to do is be on the camp page at noon sharp and refresh the page. It’ll probably sell out and I’ll most likely have another weekend.

1 Like

I signed up for the April Cabin Camp and have an order number. However, I never received a confirmation email. Does that mean there is a problem with my registration?

Thank you,

Kevin

We’ve got you down, @kevinw31969!

Thank you for responding so quickly.

Any word on a second camp. I was one of the ones who submitted my order at 12:02 and you were sold out

We’re trying to work some things out! I’m considering maybe a banjo-only camp sometime.

3 Likes

It’s pretty sad when the first thing I do when I get on line is check my email to see if I have an email from Banjo Ben about Cabin Camp!!!

3 Likes

Man this sucks I don’t know how I missed this post or email! @BanjoBen you have to do another one!

1 Like

Scott,
I really wanted another guitar spot myself but the date hit during my kids spring break and we normally take a trip. I did end up getting a claw hammer banjo spot for the following week. Hopefully you and I can hit the same camp again one day!

5 Likes

I was recently able to get a spot for the April 8-10 Nashville Camp. I received the song list last week and the only one I can play is Cripple Creek. I probably could have worked my way through the rest of the songs if I had gotten them a couple of months ago. I am trying to familiarize myself with the rest of the list but I’m afraid I might have bitten off more than I can chew. I don’t want to spend three days in Nashville and be totally embarrassed! Should I cancel, pay the cancellation fee, and try to book a camp later on or stick it out? Any advice would be appreciated. Bob

1 Like

Hi Bob, I shouldn’t worry about only knowing one tune. @BanjoBen and all the teachers and students attending the camp will make you feel welcome and you will leave with a lot more knowledge than you arrived with for sure. Just soak it all up and enjoy the experience.

3 Likes

@rjlambert You’ll be fine and have an amazing time, period!! No one is gonna look down on you for not knowing a break or something… if you feel embarrassed, it’ll only be because you tell yourself to feel that way. I went to my first Cabin Camp with only a month and a half’s mandolin experience, and I had the time of my life. Trust us, there’s way more to camp than just the music!

4 Likes

@rjlambert
Hello!
I’ve been to Camp myself, and @Archie and @Michael_Mark are correct, you’ll learn so much and have the best time :slightly_smiling_face:!

6 Likes

Thanks all! That is exactly what I wanted to hear. Now if I can find a nice RV Park close to Mt. Juliet I will be all set. Bob

4 Likes

You’re going to love it! Let us know when you get back.

2 Likes

Cabin Camp is a no-pressure zone. Ben’s personality somehow permeates the entire camp. Even the shyest of folks have told me they feel right at home there. Speaking as a fairly shy person myself, I can tell you that each time I’ve come home from camp, I feel like a new person. The world just feels like a nicer place, if that makes any sense at all.

If you can, at least try to familiarize yourself with the chords of each song. You don’t need to know the lead parts, but you might have a little more fun if you can strum / pluck along with the chords in the evenings when it’s time for circle jams.

4 Likes

I don’t buy into that @Mark_Rocka gif

That just means I’m doing a good job of faking it. :wink: If you only knew how introverted I am it would blow your mind. I mean, I’m a computer geek that plays banjo. :laughing:

2 Likes

That makes two of us.