Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Apollo 50th

I don’t know what’s more troubling, the people who think the moon landing is fake, or those who believe the movie “The Martian” is based on a true story.

3 Likes

You CAN’T be serious…

I wish I wasn’t. I’ve seen posts like these.

1 Like

Even more weird… if it is the same people!

Ah… those Conspiricy Theorists are quite a group!

3 Likes

I can’t see how people think “The Martian” is based on a true story. It isn’t a documentary like my favorite Mars movie: “Mars attacks!”

4 Likes

I’ve got no time for the moon conspiracy theorists. I’m sorry but they annoy me so much. They make claims without any knowledge at all. One person today wrote that the moon landing was a hoax because who filmed Neil coming down the ladder! :roll_eyes:
Then soon as you explain about how Neil opened the swing down camera as he came down the ladder, they come up with another ridiculous claim!
The only thing I find a hoax is that these people actually have a brain. :rofl:

1 Like

On a lighter note… Do you think we should send @BanjoBen to the moon in 2024? First Banjo played on the moon. :wink::joy:

1 Like

No way, we need banjo Ben to stay down to earth :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Well I know Ben likes flying but he would probably think that’s a little too far I guess :rofl:

1 Like

Which brings up the eternal question…

If a banjo is played on the Lunar surface, would it make a sound (lunar surface has no true atmosphere - only an exosphere of thin gases)?

Inquiring minds want to know… :thinking:

2 Likes

My follow up question then is. . are there no acoustic-electric-guitar type banjos to convert vibrations to electric pulses to be able to be heard by the banjoist astronaut or to be recorded? :wink:

1 Like

I dunno… But I imagine the finger picks and chord fingerings have GOT to be a real Bugger with those gloves on!:crazy_face:

Gold tone has made a couple different models

Ron Block has a pretty swanky banjo/tele. I saw it on Instagram, not sure if you can find it elsewhere?

@fiddle_wood, Oh cool!

@WillCoop, I guess, especially the chord fingering! :slight_smile:

Chandrayaan-2 (India moon mission 2) live at 5:13 am US Eastern on 07/22 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f_HxuVHfrw

1 Like

I will gladly serve my country and sit right seat on a moon mission!

1 Like

But Ben, please do not embark on any solar missions like this… https://gadgets.ndtv.com/science/news/isro-aditya-l1-2020-launch-isro-chief-k-sivan-comments-2052776 (this is unmanned though). At close range, it is not going to be good for your eyes, unless you plan on using some fully tested goggles/sunglasses… :wink:

1 Like

Wallace and Grommit made the flight and brought back cheese. If the moon were made of brisket, Ben would have already moved there.

1 Like

Ben would set up a BLB (Ben’s Lunar BBQ) up there. Trouble is they would have to climb back in the LEM to eat it. Unless they set up a Lunar base. :wink::grin::+1:

2 Likes