Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Anybody down for another young picker collaboration?

I know I was just saying how i normal do it.

3 Likes

I could do a solo and sing lead but i don’t have any good recording abilitys so i don’t know how singing would go. Instruments seem to be easier to get good sound than voice. I will try to play around with some stuff today and over the weekend and see what i can do. I would also need a rythym track to play along with and esspecially if i would try singing. Also, would we just post an MP3 track here of our recording or how would you like that?

3 Likes

I can definitely do dobro as well! Lmk if you want it and I figure it out

3 Likes

Ok I’m going to record a scratch track with a whole solo at the end and at 140(cut time since apparently i do my metronome weird😂)

2 Likes

I thought we were doing 170-180 cut time? Skaggs version is about 150

3 Likes

Thats awfully fast, but sure why not go faster then rskt

2 Likes

Just cause we can :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Why don’t we try somewhere from 160-170; that’ll be nice and fast but not too terribly insane?

3 Likes

Let’s go 165 like you said in the beginning before I complicated everything with my weird metronoming.

3 Likes

Sounds great!

2 Likes

Time to break the mics out!

2 Likes

Faster the better for me

to a certain degree…200 cut time may be a bit fast

3 Likes

So final arrangement B 165
Banjo kickoff
Chorus
Mandolin Solo
Verse 2
Chorus
Fiddle Solo
Verse 2
Chorus
Guitar Solo
Dobro solo
Chorus a cappella
Bass walk into Chorus
Banjo solo 2

Also folks I don’t play rhythm that fast on guitar that often so I’m glad we aren’t going any faster.

2 Likes

So who wants the final banjo solo? @Shaky_loves_banjo, @Timothy_L, or me?

3 Likes

@Shaky_loves_banjo

1 Like

It’s up to you If you want more than one person on each instrument. @Michael_Mark or @Shaky_loves_banjo can go ahead and do it if one of you is already playing banjo on this song.

2 Likes

So if ya’ll want me to do the last solo are you wanting me to end it as well? @oaklymaple I think you meant verse one after the mando solo right? Or why verse 2 twice?And who is doing the banjo backup? Maybe we should give someone a chance who isn’t doing a solo. Or someone else can do the last solo and I can do backup. I really don’t care just tell me what to do.

3 Likes

Last solo and end it if you want. And yep verse 1

1 Like

Ok sounds good. Maybe i won’t end it, We’ll jist have all the instrument slowly awkwardly fading out at different times.

2 Likes

I’ll play rolling backup behind the verses, and Justus can end the song with a solo.

2 Likes