Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Any Purple Hulls new music?

@BanjoBen,

I was moved to see the 3 of you play recently in Tribute to your late Uncle… and I share my condolences again for your loss.

I was considering that the quarantine might be a good time of reflection to write some songs.

Side note: I am sure many will make “Quarantine Blues” albums… if they haven’t already. Come to think of it, I think I saw a Peter Hollens’ song on Spotify, but I digress…

As I said, it was so nice to see you three play again… my question (I hope you don’t mind my posting it here) is if there might be a Purple Hulls new album on the horizon any time soon?

6 Likes

We have talked about it, yep, but no solid plans :wink:

9 Likes

Hi Will, I take it you know they already ha have four albums out. thepurplehulls.com/

3 Likes

The Purple Hulls are my favorite group! I’d love to see then produce another album

3 Likes

@Archie,

Well aware of their discography of the Purple Hulls.

Just anxious to see some more…

I know it had an extra member… but I was moved by their National Anthem Video I saw recently too. I wish they could record that too. :+1:

2 Likes

I helped fund a couple of their project’s through Kickstarter. It costs a lot to hire a recording studio

5 Likes

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. I’m a member here because of The Purple Hulls. About two years ago I was surfing YouTube and ran across What a Friend We Have in Jesus. WOW. If they counted how many times I’ve listened to that song they would think I was a stalker. :flushed:

6 Likes

Big brother is counting :open_mouth:

Very tangentially related to this thread: for the first time I can recall, I found canned Purple Hull Peas at HEB

4 Likes

When they put that song on the album, the first thing you hear on that track is Ben saying “Kick it off, Katy.” If I hear them play it anywhere else (they played it to kick off the camp last year) it just doesn’t sound right without Ben’s intro part. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Just like when Johnny Cash say’s. “Show him what the intro is Earl” And Earl just kicks it off.

Any excuse just to watch this video again.

7 Likes

Man,

Johnny Caiiish, like my late dad used to emphasize on purpose, and Earl… gone.

I miss them… but am grateful we have these videos and Recordings to treasure.

A glorious sound.

2 Likes