Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Another One in the Books!

Today I hosted a jam at my house in Menasha, Wisconsin. We put this on the calendar in January in hopes of everyone working around their busy summer schedules to come. We had nearly a dozen players, great mix of instruments. and 2+ hours of fun jams. Can’t wait for the next one!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10229636919421165&set=a.1577824939412&type=3

Added: So here’s a funny. I recently traded in my Ovation Balladeer guitar for a new Alvarez OOO size. The traditional “box” shape of the new guitar was/is more conducive to standing (or sitting) and playing in jam. The Ovation, which I really enjoyed, was hard to play (for me) standing up as the rounded back tended to force it to roll back towards me a bit, sometimes making it difficult for others to follow my chord shapes. Now…the guitar is not my primary instrument (mandolin is.) So my turn to lead came around and I decided to play the guitar and do Life’s Railway to Heaven in D. Piece of cake, right? Yeah, if you happen to remember the 1, 2(7), 4 and 5 chords correctly. I think I did about half song reversing the 4 and 5. Fortunately the other guitars in the group saw what was going on and played loud enough that I could hear someone was off. And it was me! Got it fixed up by the last verse/chorus!

3 Likes