Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Another Fun Pair of Jams At Assisted Living Homes

Yesterday my fledgling group of pickers and I played at a couple of assisted living places here near Appleton, Wisconsin. We played at these places around Christmas and got invited back. This time we played a mix of “Americana” and bluegrass. We had about 25 at the first place and 40 at the next. We had a lot of fun, a few flubs, a lot of applause and a lot of comments. The seniors look forward to events like this and we were happy to oblige. One of the guitar players in our group also plays harmonica. On one song he was doing an intro when the rest of us looked at each other…realizing that he was using the wrong harp…wrong key! The guy leading the song just went with it and it all worked out. Good laugh had by all of us.

8 Likes

That is a great service (mission). I recently heard about a group out of Charlottesville, VA that plays for folks in hospice, and what a blessing that is for folks going through that experience. Good job, Sir.

2 Likes

A captive audience! Your listening whether you like it or not.

1 Like

Lauds and Praises to you and your group for providing a bit of “happiness” to these residents.
Like to share a thought from Ralph Emerson …
" . . . To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded ! "
Congrats on your many “successes” for sure. :+1:

4 Likes