Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Another episode of Grandfather's Clock, this time with accordion and banjo

Today my father and I tried out what it sounds like with the accordion and the banjo together. we only played it once and then recorded it … that’s why it’s not perfect … but i hope you like it :blush:

17 Likes

applaud bravo

6 Likes

That is wonderful, @Severin! I love the banjo/accordion combo!

9 Likes

Thank you @BanjoBen!

5 Likes

Good show :heartbeat:

2 Likes

Accordions make everything better! Ommmpa!

3 Likes

I think I’ll just "copy-paste"what everyone else has said. That was swell! :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Thanks y‘all :blush:

2 Likes

That must be Severin from some Seventy years ago! I think it does not have to perfect to be liked. And very likeable! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you very much @JohnM :blush:

2 Likes

@Severin
This was absolutely fantastic! Great job!! :clap::smiley:
Some of yall might remember I’ve commented things about the accordion on other posts. My brother plays a big one, very similar looking to the one in the video. It’s a sound I grew up with. Several years ago while visiting my folks (they lived across the country) my “banjo son” Branden played his banjo, pop was on the guitar, and my brother on the accordion and they played this song :grin::slightly_smiling_face:! Thank you for posting it!!

5 Likes

Awesome!!

3 Likes

Thank you @Dragonslayer!

3 Likes

Glad you like it! :blush: thank you @Simone

3 Likes

Ben didn’t tell you, but the accordion is a fundamental bluegrass instrument.

[(1) Bill MonrBill Monroe and his Blue Grass Boys play “Footprints In The Snow” on Columbia 37151, recorded on February 13, 1945.

Bill Monroe – vocal & mandolin
Tex Willis – guitar
Chubby Wise – fiddle
Sally Ann Forrester – accordion
Cedric Rainwater – bass
Stringbean – banjo

Bill Monroe and his Blue Grass Boys “Footprints In The Snow” Columbia 37151 (1945) - YouTube]

3 Likes

Loved it! That makes me want to go out and buy an accordion.

2 Likes

I love it! I’ve become good friends over the last year with a guy named Jeff Taylor. He started a Grammy-winning band called The Time Jumpers. Here’s a video of him talking about how accordion became a big part of their sound:

5 Likes

Jeff Taylor is so cool! I’ve been a fan of his for a while, and I got to meet him while I was in Nashville

3 Likes