Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Another Attempt at mixing audio and video- Dueling Banjos

This is my latest attempt, still not perfect, but better than the last time I recorded dueling banjos. I still feel like the timing is off in several parts. Enjoy!

16 Likes

Dude. That. RIPPED!
I mean, that’s the coolest thing I’ve seen in months! Your banjo ending to the song was brilliant!
I especially loved how while you were playing guitar, snow started falling offa the tree! (0:42).
I went back and watched it a coupla more times just to make sure I really saw that.
Brilliant job!

5 Likes

Great Job Harrison

4 Likes

Awesome! That’s talent right there! Picking and editing… you just singlehandedly cancelled all banjo jokes ever… lol. Great job!

6 Likes

I LOVED that! Playing & mixing! :grin::+1:t2:way to go!!

4 Likes

Thanks Everyone!

4 Likes

Very entertaining. Thanks for posting!

5 Likes

Great work, very impressive!

5 Likes

Great job. What software were you using?

4 Likes

Thanks! I am using garageband on an iphone to mix audio, then export it to a computer, and record the video while listening to get the tempo right. I then layered the audio and video in windows movie maker.

7 Likes

Great job, Harrison! Dueling banjos was the first 2 track I ever recorded, back when all I had was a duel cassette deck. This just blows mine away. Very creative. Maybe next time you can play with throwing in some split screen, too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That might be a little above my level…

3 Likes

Nah. Most video editors can do split screen pretty easily. Just google it and you’ll find tons of info on it.

4 Likes

Except for the vintage version of imovie that’s on my computer. It’s impossible

3 Likes

What version of iMovie are you running? I did split screen with iMovie years ago.

3 Likes

I can’t do that in windowws movie maker either.

3 Likes

Have you tried something like this?

Skip the first minute or so of that video. It’s just annoying.

I can see you putting your camera on a tripod, then standing on either side of the frame of the video, then blending the two videos together with this transition effect so it looks like there are 2 of you in the same room. :grin:

3 Likes

Now split screens for me either…civics & software is just too old…

3 Likes

Don’t forget there are always free solutions.

The last 2 projects I worked on were done with the free version of LightWorks.

3 Likes

Das ist gut!

4 Likes