Wish y‘all a good Week! God bless!

17 Likes

Great picking Severin!

4 Likes

Thank you @Kevin_S!

3 Likes

What Kevin said!

2 Likes

Man, your playing is always smooth and fluid with excellent timing. I’d like to see you play something up in the 130-140 bpm range.

4 Likes

Nice and smooth! Thanks for sharing @Severin

3 Likes

Thank you @Dragonslayer!

1 Like

Thank you @stuart.gamble!

3 Likes

Thank you @Mark_Rocka !! so you mean a little slower? I don’t have that feeling … I never play with the metronome …

2 Likes

Faster. Try the Google metronome at 130 BPM. The banjo gets really fun to play once you get above the 120 to 130 BPM range.

4 Likes

what i don’t quite understand in the lessons from @BanjoBen there are often three speeds … and 150 or 130 is usually the slowest and i have the feeling that this song is faster than 120bpm … or am i wrong?

3 Likes

I think Mark means cut time, so 130 is actually 260 if you’re listening every half note.

3 Likes

Ah, ok…

3 Likes

It depends on how many beats you’re counting per measure. For example, Foggy Mountain Breakdown, you’ll commonly see it played at 162 BPM. That’s 4 beats per measure, I believe. I know Ben commonly counts 8 beats per measure, so I may be confusing you. Sorry about that.

I think it’s good to count it as 4 beats per measure, just because a lot of metronomes don’t go above 200 BPM, including Google’s.

5 Likes

thank you very much Mark, now I understand it!

3 Likes