Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Amazing Jam Yesterday

A bit over a year ago I took (and later helped teach) an “intro to bluegrass jamming” class here locally. My prime reason for attending this class was to meet others in the area to jam with. Met a bunch, including a nice fellow playing the fiddle. Not long after he finished the course he asked me to help him set up a periodic jam at his house. I provided a little guidance and he sent out the invites. We had a nice jam though it seemed we “ran out” of songs to do early. Over time, the monthly jams at his house have gotten better and better, more and more fun. Yesterday’s jam was amazing. We had a standup bass (great player), two fiddles, two mandolins (myself and another guy), a guitar, banjo and a percussion guy (sits on a drum that he plays with his hands, has a bass drum pedal, a shaker, etc.) We played a lot of music in just under 2 hours and it was a hoot! No more running out of music, everybody taking solos, songs we hadn’t done before, etc. My fingers are sore…but it’s all good!

13 Likes

Man, that sounds like a blast! Great to hear you’ve managed to help create such a group. I know they all enjoy it just as much.

3 Likes