Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Aggie Joke

An aggie’s wife came home from work after her husband had had the whole day off.
When she came in, he had a huge grin on his face. She asked, “What have you been up to? You sure look proud of yourself!”
The Aggie says “Well I guess I am. I put a whole jigsaw puzzle together in just one day!”
The wife agrees that is pretty good.
“And”, the Aggie says, “the box said it would take 2 – 4 years!”

15 Likes

Hahaha

3 Likes

That’s hilarious :joy:

1 Like

How many Aggie freshmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None, that’s a sophomore class at Texas A&M.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

This is one of the funniest Aggie jokes that that I’ve seen…

7 Likes

Took my eldest daughter on a tour of Texas schools for interviews back in '97 to select a college. Went to Baylor, Southwest, UT Austen, and were scheduled at Trinity. However, when we got to College Station and unfolded a campus map we were immediately surrounded by Aggies who wanted to help. That was the start of a love affair with A&M for her and for me. She cancelled going to the Trinity interview because she had found her place. What she found was a great education, a warm environment, all of her best friends to this day, and her future husband (now a colonel serving in the US Army). So, everyone associated with A&M enjoys the Aggie jokes and laughs along with them, 'cause they know that the real joke is on the rest of the world for not recognizing that behind some goofy Aggie “stuff” is a fabulous welcoming place. Laugh on, but “Gig 'em”.

6 Likes

An Aggie fiddle player was having a great time at the bluegrass festival. After a full day of cookout food he needed to use the toilet, but then he remembered — no running water here, they only had an outhouse ---- so he dashed to the outhouse and opened the door and low and behold another Aggie was sitting in there with his banjo. (The Aggie ring makes these guys really easy to identify!) “Howdy,” he said, “It’s okay, come on in, it’s a two-holer.” So the fiddle player proceeded to sit down, and after awhile, the banjo player stood up, and as he was pulling up his pants a banjo pick fell out of his pocket and went down the hole. The Aggie banjo player looked down in the hole, shook his head, pulled out a Blue Chip pick and dropped it in. The first guy asked, “What did you do that for?” and the banjo player said, “Well, I ain’t going down there for just a 30 cent pick.”

10 Likes

Love it :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Say what you want, but Aggies are really good dancers. I guess maybe they spend more time dancing than studying… If you want a good two step partner, find an Ag

2 Likes

That is a classic, I’m stealing it.

2 Likes

While laughing at the Aggie jokes you may wish to check what General George Patton said in comparing West Point graduate officers and Aggie Corps of Cadet products in performance under his command in battle. Look it up.

@epjacobs Back in the day, they used to sell the Aggie Joke Books on campus. The main tellers of Aggie Jokes are Aggies. I detect you may be a little offended by these, but please know Aggie jokes are a great tradition of A&M just like bonfire, standing at the games and beating the hell out of tU.

An Aggie is hanging out at a local bar, when he sees a pretty girl at the other end. He goes on over, introduces himself and they get to talking. She mentions that she’s just in town for summer break, so the Aggie asks

“Well, where are you from if you dont mind me asking”

“Yale,” she says with a smile.

The Aggie pauses, and then says “WHERE. ARE. YOU. FROM?”

8 Likes

A t-sipper from Austin was in College Station for business. He walks into a café next to the Texas A&M campus and asked for a bowl of chili. The waitress said, that Aggie student over there just got the last bowl. The businessman looks over and sees that the Aggie’s bowl of chili is full.

“Excuse me, if you’re not going to eat that, do you mind if I take it?”

Ever polite and hospitable as Aggies are known to be, the student says “By all means. Help yourself.”

The t-sipper starts to eat and about half way down, his fork hits something and it’s a dead mouse. He vomits the chili back into the bowl.

The Aggies says, “That’s about how far I got too.

6 Likes

Your joke reminds me of this one (it is not an Aggie joke):

The administrator of a nursing home was visiting with his residents. His last stop was with an older lady and as he listened to her, he absent-mindedly began eating from a small dish of peanuts next to her bed. By the time he was ready to leave, he had eaten all the peanuts from the dish. Suddenly he realized that he had eaten all of her snack and apologized profusely. “Awww, that’s okay young man,” rasped the lady. “I really don’t even like peanuts,” she said. “I just like to suck the chocolate off 'em.”

4 Likes

@DrGuitar1 All we got to do is change it to a doctor comes to visit his Aggie patient … yada, yada, yada… not a bad Aggie joke!

2 Likes

I underwrote an A&M education for my daughter. It was some of the best money I ever invested, and I found that in my time in College Station the students were among the most sincere and warm people I have encountered. I enjoy aggie jokes, but like to remind folks that there is another side to aggies too. When my kid went there it was a tougher admit than UT Austin. Gig ‘em, just sayin’.

1 Like

An Aggie Doctor was seeing a new lady patient for the first time.

Patient: My husband and I were thinking about having another baby. Should I have a baby after 35?

Aggie Doctor: No. Thirty five children is enough.

6 Likes