Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

About guitars....mics and such

— Begin quote from "jv nc"

You guys are great. But, for future reference, I am NOT close to being a professional musician…lol. All I want is a spot in the man cave where two people can sit and play their instruments through mics…and possibly do some vocals, there, too.

If and when I ever do any bluegrass playing “out”, I’d definitely want a nice instrument mic, anyway.

You gave me great info to get me going.

RE: mic stands, now…is there one that will work standing or sitting (instrument & mic stand)?

Thanks again.

— End quote

That kind of music making is where some of the best music comes from and you go to bed tired and happy .

Any one on a budget or a student that does not want to put a lot of money into a guitar . well I went to Guitar center and tried the Yamaha FG700S and I can tell you fit an finish is great and it sounds loud although it is a concert size body but for two hundred dollars I would not kick it out of bed . Play ability is about like a fender strat (similar neck )it is easy to note and play . 199.00 on sale now, it is a nice looking guitar and would not be ashamed to play in front of people with it . good looks fit is great and the sound is good . Anyone wanting get started and have a decent guitar with out breaking the bank I suggest you go to a music store and try one for your self .

Hey Welder, Do you go to the Guitar Center behind the Dayton Mall? That’s the closest one for me and it’s still over an hour away. I get there once in awhile. Next time I go I’ll check with you and maybe meet up with you there.

J.W.