Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

A Prayer Request

Sharingtime,

I thought I share this.

Does God want you to be healed?
Absolutely yes. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. (I John 3:8)

What do I do to get healed?
There is 2 part to this healing - God’s part and Man’s part. God’s part is done already, what is left in this healing process is Man’s part only.

God’s part

This part is already finished on the cross.
The chastisement of our peace was upon him! (Isaiah 53:5).
By whose stripes you WERE healed. (I Peter 2:24)
Sin consequences are paid for and we are acquitted, so no double jeopardy.

Man’s part

1. If you want to accomplish the manifestation of healing yourself
  • Be in Christ (Repent and believe)
  • Know/Understand the truths like above about healing, and have faith
  • Allow a capacity for God’s power of resurrection to operate by having Spirit of holiness. (Ephesians 1:19,20, Romans 1:4) When you know the truth (Jesus’ words), it santifies you and provides you this spirit of holiness.
    For example, who is a great believer? One who converted thousands or healed hundreds? No! Whosoever shall do and teach his commandments as is (Matthew 5:19). Whoever humble himself as little child (Matthew 18:4)
    The more correct judgment you can make as per Jesus commandments, the more you get the Spirit of holiness. As you know, the eyes of the Lord are looking for such perfect heart to operate his power! (2 Chronicles 16:9)
  1. If you want someone else to accomplish the manifestation of healing for you.
  • Reach out to a person described in 1.

Deuteronomy 28 has the blessing and curse list. Healing is part of blessing so in order for healing to manifest, you will need either OUR righteousness or HIS righteousness. It is proven that OUR righteousness is not good enough (filthy rags), so we depend upon HIS rightousness.

1. OUR Righteousness (comes from our works)
    And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the Lord our God, as he hath commanded us. (Deut 6:25)

2. HIS Righteousness (comes from Jesus’s faith)
    Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. (Galatians 2:16)

HIS rightousness manifests through faith.

So we go to God with this belief and prayer.

Father God, the penalty is already paid in full and you did it through your son for my peace. Therefore this sickness has no business in my body. Since this healing gift or grace is provided for already, I access and claim it through this simple faith. Satan cannot deceive me any longer about what rightfully belong to me. I come to your court with this request in Jesus’ name. Amen.

You will be completely ok! :slight_smile:

John

Just wanted to add this. As a matter of fact, OUR righteousness was never an option for Gentiles to receive blessing. And now for everyone that believes, HIS righteousness is the only option, as Christ is now the end of the law for righteousness for everyone that believes. (Romans 10:4).

Luke 22:42

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement. Taking the time to put this out there.

This has been a constant prayer. I want to be better if you want me to be. Hard part is I can’t see why he’d want me not to be playing banjo. Lol.

Hi Ben! :slight_smile:

Luke 22:42 is the cup of glory.
It is going to be unbearable even with grace given.
To Paul, this grace was given (Ephesians 3:2, Colossians 1:24,25). To Jesus’ disciples, this grace was given. (example Mark 10:39) Anyone who Jesus appoints today for his ministry (his business), this grace is given.
This is not thrust upon but is given to God’s chosen when they are willing for the benefit of the body of Christ.
Without grace, people are sure to cut and run when persecution comes.

If sharingtime is called upon for Jesus’ ministry like in Ephesians 4:11,12, and if he was afflicted with this sickness during ministry or for ministry’s sake, then there would be glory in it.

But if nothing like that, then healing is the only way to bring glory to God.

In that case, there is also another relevant truth in Luke 7:47, but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. It is God’s will that people receive forgiveness (sin consequences in this world removed as well) so that people can taste his love to get close to God to love him more.

John

Sharing, It is my pleasure. Look forward to hearing the good news soon!

Luke 22;42 to me is about whats in the cup. JESUS asked the disciples if they were able to drink of the cup that he would drink of? Mark 10;38. JESUS also said, put up your sword into the sheath; the cup which my father hath given me, shall i not drink it? John 18;11. So what’s in the cup? Agony , torture , death ? The disciples drank from that cup even though they didn’t what JESUS was talking about when He asked the question. JESUS healed every person that came to Him, including the woman who was not a jew [ the dogs get the crumbs that fall on the floor] JESUS knew what He had to do for us. He knew what was in the cup. BUT He took it for us. The Lamb led to slaughter, the perfect sacrifice. He also said, when I return to earth will I find any FAITH. So i guess my question would be WHY PRAY if everything is GOD’S will? If we pray according to the bible don’t we have the right to receive? if we believe? JESUS paid the price, didn’t HE ? Mark 11;23 says when you pray beleive you receive. I ain’t trying to be mean, i just beleive what GODS word says. To me it’s not just a story book where salvation is the only thing we can believe. I ain’t no preacher or theologian but if GODS word says it , i believe it.

lonewolf, I think we completely agree. The reason I said a sickness which may not be as severe in magnitude as the cup of suffereing could still be a suffering for God in a lesser sense is because of Epaphroditus who was sick for ministry sake. Phil 2:25-30. Again, someone’s experience should not be taken for doctrine unless it is Jesus’ life within context as he himself is the truth. Now that we agree, healing is sure to happen as per the truth in Matthew 18:19, 19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. We are not going to give room for devil to take away peace. I’ll add more thoughts on couple of other things you mentioned soon.