Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

A few clawhammer videos

Didn’t want to clutter up the forum with so many different topics, so I’m gonna post them here.

Cherokee Shuffle

13 Likes

River Walk

8 Likes

Cold Frosty Morning

10 Likes

Back up and Push

8 Likes

Arkansas Traveler

10 Likes

All very nicely done!

Back up & push kind of caught me off guard (don’t usually think of it in a frailing sense) but it works out good that way!

5 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t think of BuaP as a clawhammer tune until I heard Mark Johnson and Emory Lester playing it, and I got inspired by that

4 Likes

Goodness you have been busy. :+1::+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

OK yeah, these are all great and stuff, which is the norm for you. It’s difficult to heap on adequate praise for your playing because you seem to keep raising your own standard and exceeding it, which to some of us is irritating to no end, you know what I mean :sparkling_heart:

You’re posting new videos regularly, so you learn new tunes and techniques quickly. I fear I already know the answer to this question, but do you actually retain all these tunes? I mean, can you play tune on demand that you haven’t played for six months?

4 Likes

You’re locale looks gorgeous. Is this part of your living compound? I don’t know about anyone else, but I’d love to see a short video tour of this place or your home and/or the town, the local people, your family, whatever. An insight to you and your family’s life in Mozambique would be really neat.

3 Likes

Thanks Maggie!

Yes, I do retain almost every tune I’ve learned, although it might take me a couple run throughs to nail a tune I haven’t played in a while. I try to rotate through my entire repertoire every couple weeks though so I keep everything fresh

4 Likes