Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

9/11 A Day I'll never forget

I watched the events of 9/11 unfold live on UK TV. Prayers for all the families effected by this madness.

4 Likes

Seems like yesterday. I was sleeping after a swing shift. Got called back to work for 12 hour shifts. It definitely brought us together as a country for a while. Sad that it takes a tragedy like this to do that. There is a whole generation of young people now ( cops, firefighters, military, nurses, etc…) who weren’t even born yet when this happened. It is one of those horrible things you never forget. Thanks for the prayers Archie.

3 Likes

This day always hits me when I watch the reading of the names. I was there that day and am a survivor. I lost 3 colleagues that day and many more after all these years from the toxic air that hung over lower Manhattan for months. Unless you were there words cannot describe the horror and heroism . The country came together in ways I wish would happen today. God bless America

6 Likes

So many heroes. This account made me weep as I read it.

8 Likes

Thanks for posting that article. Pretty amazing what a difference one person can make.

2 Likes

we had a memorial climb here in town. our department participated. it was heavy. I saw the towers go down on a tv in highschool. i remember we were wondering if a plane would hit our school and how many buildings were being hit around the country. because as a kid you just don’t understand. Been in emergency services for years since. they played the dispatch audio over the stadium loudspeaker while we climbed. they also had over 500 JROTC kids do the climb. those kids are helping keep the history alive. they were excited and passionate about the event and were calling cadence and encouraging each other. it was a site to see. everyone carried cards with a fallen service person from that day, and read their name at the end of a walk and rang the bell, even the kids.
video

7 Likes

That is awesome. Thanks for your service. It’s great to see the kids involved. ROTC is a great program.

1 Like

That’s good stuff, thanks for sharing.

1 Like