Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

81Crowe - Russ Carson & Jake Workman

Russ & Jake demonstrate how it should be done. Man I just wish I could pick like that.

13 Likes

If you learn by imitating those that are better than you, I can handle the snacking :wink:

3 Likes

That is one of the best videos ever shot - one of those that I watch over and over :slight_smile: Jake’s D-18 sinker is the best part.

8 Likes

Yes Arch, that’s how it’s done! Thanks for posting that! What’s the second song? I liked that one just as much… maybe even more!

I agree Libby… Sometimes these are much better than rehearsed performances!

2 Likes

I believe that’s an original by Russ entitled “Awesome Sauce”. You can hear the full cut here:

https://www.banjohangout.org/myhangout/media-player/audio_player2.asp?musicid=33170&archived=true

1 Like

Master-class!

3 Likes

I agree - this is one of my favorite videos!

5 Likes

Yes, I’ve watched that video dozens of times! Another of my favorites is this one with Jake Workman and Zeb Snyder:

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing Lucy

2 Likes

Thank You Michael-Mark!

1 Like

Amazing! Thanks @Lucy_L!

From the video above that @Archie shared , it looks like Mandolinist is also Jake then? I would like to confirm as the playing was spectacular.

2 Likes

Jake is on guitar in the 1st video, and mandolin in the 2nd video

1 Like

Thanks @Lucy_L ,

This is what I surmised (thinkin’ it was Jake)… But I asked to confirm it because I was so impressed with the Mandolin play. Impressive.

Is there much “out there” on Spotify of him playing Mandolin?

My other comment regarding the 1st video @Archie: It is my feeling that the guitar breaks with the Banjoist walking around are not just for the guitarist’s break-solo sake… but also to add to the effect (flair) of the re-entries of the song. In other words, a way of showin’ off how he returns just in time.

I must admit, if it wasn’t intentional (I think it was), I did enjoy and get some amusement from that. Plus, those Banjo start-ups are so awesome.

I enjoyed the heck out of this video and the song itself!

4 Likes

He has one album in which there is guitar, mandolin, banjo, and fiddle.

4 Likes

Jake has put out three albums. The first two, he plays mandolin, banjo, and guitar on. The newest one that was just released he plays just guitar on

5 Likes

I only found one on Spotify. What are the names of the others?

4 Likes

@timothylindblom,

Yes, please share if these are anywhere on Spotify…

4 Likes

“Deep into the Heart” is probably the one found on Spotify. He released a new album called “Landmark” and he is playing guitar, Sierra hull on mandolin, Russ Carson on banjo, Stuart Duncan on fiddle, Jeff Picker on bass, Justin Moses on dobro. There’s also a few guest appearances on there as well. I’m not sure if they’re on Spotify because I don’t have that, but those are the names of the 2 current albums “Deep into the Heart” and “Landmark”.

9 Likes

Landmark is the one that originally came up on my Spotify search, but deep in the heart is there too. Thanks @Lucy_L

4 Likes

Landmark is phenomenal! The Workmanship on it is second to none

9 Likes