Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

2021 Drawing to a Close & 2022 Plans!

What a year, wow.

I’m sorry for being aloof lately. This Black Friday/Christmas season I planned for more videos/content than I could almost handle. In the midst of that, my main computer and an external drive decided to take a dive on me. I’ve lost some stuff but thankfully not too much, but it magnified the workload, whew.

This year I did 9 camps, most were full 3-day camps but a few just 1-day camps. Camps are the most fun I’ve ever had with my job, but also the most work. I look forward to 2022 camps! I probably won’t do 9 camps again but I’ll do as many as me and my family/staff can do well.

I’m sad to announce that the great @AdamAsh is leaving the Banjo Ben General Store crew. He was offered another position that was close to home and made much more sense for his family’s position right now. I’m gonna miss him and I know y’all will, too. He won’t be a total stranger, though, as I’ll rope him in for videos as often as I can!

In other staffing news, this fall I added a new guy to the Nashville team. Daniel Epperson came on board as my operations manager and, as such, has been wearing many hats and doing a great job! Those of you who came to camps last fall got a chance to meet him, and most all of you have seen his camera work on my latest videos (he also helps me write and edit them). He wrote and directed the Undercover Boss series and did a knockout job!

We’ll be going back to Texas next week for Christmas at the farm! I hope y’all have a merry Christmas and happy New Year! I have some fun things coming up for you in 2022, finally. One is that I’m building a live video rig to host a variety type of show in my Cabin with special guests. Two, I’ll be changing up the lesson video set just a bit and hopefully give you some better camera angles to learn from. Three, the new website will finally launch sometime first half of next year (never worked so hard on something in my life!). Finally, I’m also working on a homeschool music curriculum for kiddos that will also offer other skills such as woodworking, cake decorating, and more (I have some awesome partners helping me with this!).

Thankful for y’all,
Banjo Ben

30 Likes

And I’m working on my instrument pilot rating! AND I’m announcing a contest next week that has some killer prizes, so keep an eye out!

23 Likes

@BanjoBen, You are just AWESOME. Thank you so much for your hard work.

12 Likes

Wow @BanjoBen! Thanks for working so hard and for everything you do! I guess @AdamAsh didn’t get a big enough gift card to the steak house to suit him. :roll_eyes: Happy new year 2022!

12 Likes

@AdamAsh best of luck, and thank you for all the help over the years!

@BanjoBen, yay for the instrument rating! You’re going to enjoy it.

13 Likes

@BanjoBen thanks for all the hard work you put in… Looking forward to what God has in store for 2022.
Wishing a very Merry Christmas to you and your family!!
God bless!

12 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about Adam but he has to do what’s best for his family. He’s always been helpful to answer questions about products and I love hearing him play banjo. Best wishes for you Adam.
Merry Christmas Ben and thank you for all your hard work making this the best place to learn an instrument.

11 Likes

Thank you so much for the work you and your krew put into the whole BBC experience. Y’all truly rock. I can’t wait to see what you have in store for us in 2022.
Merry Christmas to you and yours and the whole BBC family.:christmas_tree:

11 Likes

Ben, thank you so much for this amazing platform for learning, playing, and friendship. I and so many others here are so blessed by what God has done through you and this site! We’re here for you brother :heart::banjo::banjo:

@AdamAsh Hype man, you will be missed! Thank you for all the hype you have provided over the 20 long years you have been with Banjo Ben. Hope you make some cameo appearances often! :wave:

17 Likes

hahaha hilarious!

14 Likes

Thanks @BanjoBen for all you do to make this site so amazing! Best wishes to @AdamAsh too :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Thanks for all the great lessons, @BanjoBen! As a recent homeschool graduate, I’m looking forward to seeing the homeschool music curriculum!

8 Likes

Don’t work too hard, Ben, unless you find it fun! Maybe you are already following it but Jethro’s advice to Moses is this with focus on italics in that order: “21 Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them…” - Exodus 18:21. As for computer/drive, I guess you will need redundancy built up in the form of additional backup hardware, physically separated, mirroring your live computer/drive. How often they need synched up can be decided based on the need.

Thanks for all the lessons and good work! Wish you success in your upcoming goals!

And enjoy the Christmas 2021 holidays with your family!

7 Likes

The rumors are true?! Banjo Ben acquired the old Merv Griffin set?

6 Likes

Ha!

1 Like

Merry Christmas to you Ben. See you at one of the April camps and out west in 2022. Looking forward to both. And have a Happy New Year as well. Please tell Adam he will be missed.

6 Likes

You sure have put in a lot of work this past year @BanjoBen . I’d go so far as to say it’s the busiest you’ve had since I have known you. looking forward to see what unfolds in 2022.

4 Likes

Check those instruments well!:wink:

12 Likes

@BanjoBen So when are you adding flight lessons to the line up? :joy:

6 Likes

If Ben becomes a certified flight instructor, he could make tens of dollars!

6 Likes