2020 Spring Camp Updates

Possible to resend?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey Billy. I just forwarded you a copy.

3 Likes

You da man! Thanks Mark.

3 Likes

I went ahead and deleted your email addresses. Leaving them on a forum like that is an invitation for bots to scoop them up and start spamming you.

4 Likes

I got the forwarded emails. And thanks for everything you do! Looking forward to meeting you!

4 Likes

Will we have access to wifi at the camp? Coming across the border means roaming charges for me, and my carrier is quite pricey. I want to sort out how to keep in contact with my spouse who will be touring while I am at camp.

4 Likes

@BanjoBen, I can’t believe how much you guys have decided to bite off this close to camp time! You’re ambitious if nothing else!

@My_Ruby_banjo, it’s just like Ben describes it…really! I was there last year, and was a contender for the least-prepared, most uptight award…and I still loved it! It did indeed push me a little, but I certainly needed it. Everyone was warm and welcoming, and it was a non-judgmental atmosphere. I learned a lot, and made several new friends and memories in the process. :smiley:

10 Likes

Yay Ben,
I appreciate and laugh at your enthusiasm on the video. Also am looking forward to meeting you and the family of pickers and music lovers. Can,t wait to see the new work when I arrive for the second spring Camp.
Thanks for giving me a perfect excuse to explore some new country and learn a thing or two on the banjo.

5 Likes

Looks awesome!

2 Likes

@My_Ruby_banjo I can confidently say you won’t feel any more welcome than you will at this camp at ANY skill level. Last year Ben started the camp off from minute one setting everybody at ease, because we all felt like you do. Jump in with both feet brother and enjoy!

9 Likes

The instructors have some fun updates to the camp format/structure this year. We’re going to introduce a bit of harmony singing instruction as a group morning activity, and more!

13 Likes

Awesome!!!

3 Likes

Awesome! I’ve been wanting to learn but none of my brothers can sing without making it silly

6 Likes

I started looking around for some sort of guitar instruction (never had any instruction) since the beginning of the year and found The Banjo Ben site. I just joined a few weeks ago, and I saw an email for the last guitar spot in the second weekend of camp, so I signed up. I’ve played guitar off and on for a long time and feel reasonably competent, but I just started exploring this type of music. I only recognize 3 of the 10 songs listed for the camp. I appreciate very much the welcoming attitude of everyone in these posts, because the playlist seems daunting. If I could play all of those songs at speed in 5 weeks (I still have to work and travel, too), I wouldn’t need to go to a camp, LOL! I like how encouraging everyone is, so I am excited (and a little nervous) and super looking forward to this!

9 Likes

Hey Richard! Welcome to the club!

Don’t even worry about it. I’m the one that made the list, and even I’m not going to know how to play the lead parts to all the songs. Work just won’t allow the time required to learn it all. It’s great and awful at the same time.

If you can, just get the chords to the 10 songs down. That way you can at least play along with the group as a much needed rhythm guitarist.

It really is a “no judgement zone” around the camp. You’ll fit right in. Looking forward to seeing you there!

5 Likes

It’s all good! You’re gonna do great! If you can, download the mp3’s of the songs from the lesson pages and put them on your phone/computer and listen through from now till camp. That will allow you to get familiar with the chord progressions.

5 Likes

Welcome Richard, I hope you enjoy it here, you’re in the right place. Others are nervous too so you’ll be in good company :slight_smile: See you at camp.

5 Likes

hope you all enjoy the camp…

5 Likes

@BanjoBen Rather than shipping a chair, I would be happy to buy one when I get there and donate it to you to use for a future camper, when I leave? Looks like you might have room for storage with the new buildings :wink. If that is agreeable with you. If you have have any further preference on the chair specs other than what you already listed in the email let me know. If not I’ll just get something and find some other place to donate.

Thanks.

-Tim

3 Likes

Actually I’m thinking of renting enough chairs for the campers and will send out an update this week!

3 Likes