Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

10000 Reasons Chord Chart

Does anyone happen to have a chord chart or tab that could be used for backup banjo on the worship song 10,000 Reasons? In the meantime, I’m still working on my backup banjo skills.

Actually, I do. I’ll scan and send.

2 Likes

Hey Brent,

Here’s a chord sheet in Key of C. Hope it works for you.

10000 Reasons Page 1.pdf (487.4 KB)

10000 Reasons Page 2.pdf (569.6 KB)

3 Likes

Brent, if you are doing it with a male vocal it is often done in G. Might want to check before you spend a bunch of time on it.

2 Likes

You are correct @Mike_R, it will be sung in the key of G.
@Treblemaker thanks for the chord sheets. It does help me in the learning process.

1 Like

I can transpose to G if you like.

2 Likes

Hey Brent,

Here’s most of it in G. Please let me know if it will work for you. If so, I can chord the rest of it tomorrow.

Good luck.

Jack
10000 Reasons Key of G.pdf (46.2 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks, Jack. I’ll take a stab at transposing it too. I’m using the Nashville # system to figure it all out. But you have been really helpful and I appreciate it.

3 Likes

Was gonna say that if we were using numbers, the key wouldn’t matter :wink: This is a good exercise, @Brent.H! I have the chart somewhere in a binder in a box. If you want to post your version here we can look at it together.

3 Likes

I looked through Jack’s posted version and it looks right to me. One thing that they use a bunch in that song is that with the D (or 5) chord, they often play it as a D/F# so that the root can walk from the G to the F# to the E.

1 Like

Thanks Mike…great feedback!

@BanjoBen Here’s @Treblemaker original version with my NNS applied. I do have a couple of questions…

1. For Gsus4, I would just play a standard 5, unless it sounded weird, in which case I’d play a true sus. That right?
  2. What do I do with that F2 (bottom left of page), is that just 4? This is assuming my #'s are correct.
    10000 Reasons Page 1_NSN.pdf (494.6 KB)
2 Likes

Sorry in advance for answering something asked of Ben, but in case he can’t get to it…

That is a common thing in the key of G. The 5 chord is D. The sus4 would be adding a G note instead of the F#. The most common way to do that is a D with the G on the third fret of the first (E) string (XX0233). Then it resolves to a normal D with the second fret of the first string (XX0232).

Yep, in C, F is the 4. In the key of G that would be a C. The common worship chord shape that (C2) probably refers to is from low E to high E X32033. I’d call it a Cadd9, but I see it called a C2 as well. Some folks also play an open E with that as well (X32030)

3 Likes

Thanks Mike. I might have to put you on speed dial.

1 Like