Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Will the Circle Be Unbroken Banjo Contest!

Hi @bensmith I have those same issues, I learned a lot of stuff in Scruggs Style and @BanjoBen uses a lot of Melodic licks which I often struggle with especially those that involve finger stretches or arpeggios where there is rapid finger movement that involves accurate finger placement.

Hey Ben, hereā€™s my submission for the contest. Iā€™ve been playing for several years now and your website has been a tremendous tool for me. Thanks so much! https://youtu.be/cgeCVAsPV10

• Cameron Weage
11 Likes

Outstanding. Good work buddy!

Iā€™ve only been playing 6 months-- go easy on me :sweat_smile:

17 Likes

i was going to enter the contest. honestly but i could not stream backingtrack and record at the same time on my phone. :confused: but when i have the time i am gonna put mic and all that up and post something in the video swap.
for the sake of practise. and i think all who entered is really great pickers. it is really funny to see.

1 Like

6 months! Ya kidding me??? Maybe I should slope off now and put my banjo on the bonfire lol. Seriously great playing for only six months in. Very well done indeed. :+1:

2 Likes

Great Job @nicole

2 Likes

For you folks that have been playing less than a year posting up these awesome videos, I feel like saying ā€œYā€™all go easy on ME!ā€ You guys make me feel like I should be so much further along than I am. :slight_smile:

Impeccable timing, Nicole. Mighty fine job!

4 Likes

Wow! Extra credit and all! What incredible playing! Loved your video! :grin:

Aw! Thanks you guys! I love all the commradery on here!

Excellent! And great tone on the banjo. What make and model?

2 Likes

Good thing mistakes are allowed!! Watching yourself play on video is both horrifying and instructiveā€¦I see I have some pinky issues to work on. Sorry about the annoying twang on the 3rd and 5th strings -not sure whatā€™s causing that. Hopefully this link works:

16 Likes

Deering Goodtime Zombie Killer which is basically just a Goodtime 2 with some cool zombie aesthetic :slight_smile:

But, I have an LR Baggs DI bridge pickup installed, and for this video, I plugged it into my guitar pedal board (LR Baggs DI pedal + ART Tubemix mixer + Wampler compressor pedal & Hall of Fame 2 reverb pedal as aux sends dialed in a bitā€¦ all of that is fed into a QSC K12.2 speaker) so you might be hearing a bit more bass tone than normal because of the pick upā€¦

1 Like

I second that!!

GREAT JOB Courtney !!!

Cool! You know what youā€™re doing with your gear. Congrats.

Okay guys & gals Iā€™m getting in on some of the action before the deadline. Yaā€™ll really inspire me, great videos here for sure. Audio messed up on mine about half way through no matter how many times I tried fixing it. But the biggest challenge was trying to keep time with the rhythm track. Man that took a lot of practice, for me anyways. Hopefully I get two entries. :roll_eyes: Played the basic twice just to finish off the track. All fun!!! Thanks Ben for who you are and all that you do.

.https://youtu.be/L8KJRZloMaY

Butch B.

11 Likes

Performance worthy and then some!

1 Like

Hereā€™s my entry for the contest, part 2 played twice for redemption.

13 Likes

Here is my best shot so far. I played the first solo three times so Iā€™m aware thatā€™s only good for one entry, I just couldnā€™t pass up more opportunity for a mistake! I wasnā€™t able to get the second part up to speed before the deadline, but I have had an absolute blast this week working on this.:stuck_out_tongue: Thanks again Ben for doing this. An idea for a future contest would be for contestants to create their own solo to a song, I could certainly use some practice on that. Also sorry about the Banjo Face (lips moving)ā€¦I controlled them the best I could.:joy:
Brandon Caves Gray, GA

7 Likes