Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Will the Circle Be Unbroken Banjo Contest!

:joy::joy: Iā€™m dying!

Thank you for that, @Mark_Rocka. I feel all is right in the world again.

Great job on the video. And superb pickin!

Dilly Dilly!

2 Likes

Thanks man! After letting you down on the last contest, and then Ben announcing a contest for this song, I knew what had to be done. :laughing:

3 Likes

Hi @Mark_Rocka Loved It! Man

2 Likes

The Tef Tab for this song is set on Jazz eighths-1 when you download it. I can change it on my pc to straight eights-0 but i canā€™t change it on my iPad cause it doesnā€™t have that option. Just an on off switch. So I mailed the straight eight version to my iPad for a fix. Can you make the correction so iPad users can have a straight eight version? Thanks Ben

Hi Roger. I think it was @BanjoBen intention for the tune to have that jazz feel

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I was confused about when @BanjoBen played the song it sounded like a straight feel to me. But after close study and slowing it down, I could hear the syncopated rhythm of the Jazz-1 setting. Thanks @Archie for the info.

Wow @Mark_Rocka! Amazing!

1 Like

I did play it more straight. I donā€™t know why I syncopated it, and I donā€™t know why iPad wonā€™t allow that edit.

1 Like

Iā€™m a proud, proud papa.

2 Likes

Wow you really put in effort on this one. I know you could play. But acting and video editing.
Well I loved it :grin:

1 Like

Thanks! Acting the fool comes pretty naturally. The video editing part is a serious work in progress. I spent more time Googling stuff than actual editing. :smile:

I see a future You Tube star. Nice range on the vocals.

2 Likes

Thanks! After listening to it a few more times, Iā€™m a little concerned by how natural I sound as a hillbilly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Thanks @BanjoBen

1 Like

Hereā€™s my entryā€¦ I wish it was cleaner and up to speed, butā€¦ Didnā€™t have a chance to learn it before the contest started and I didnā€™t have near enough time to practice over the weekend. Feel free to offer any constructive criticism you may have. Thanks!

15 Likes

That was soooo great! Jacked up hearse, impeccable picking, swift end, oh man, very creative. Thanks for all the time and work you put in to this for us. (And You) - End product has to be a real kick in the rear for ya!!

Butch B.

2 Likes

Thanks Butch! It was a lot of fun putting it all together. If nothing else, it really made me appreciate the production effort Ben goes through on at least a weekly basis. I donā€™t know if Iā€™d have that kind of patience to do this that often. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think that was great Wendell. Sounded really clean and the timing sounded really good to my ears. I donā€™t know how you guys can get all three those breaks down note for note with not much time to practice. Inspiringā€¦

Butch B.

1 Like

Sounded clean enough for meā€¦And congrats for Courtneyā€™s win in the contest. Youā€™re blessed to have your family playing music with you.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind review , @Butch. It always helps to have a good teacher! I find that kind of plateau at 180 bpm until I can memorize the tab, and that takes me a lot longer than 4 days!

1 Like