Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Which string set do you prefer?

Darn those marketing experts. They tricked me into watching your video AGAIN! :grin::grin::grin:

(But based on the video selected, I think Ben prefers your GHS PF135’s.)

7 Likes

That’s the answer right there! I’m just going to let someone else play my banjo, then it will sound good!:grinning:

8 Likes

Awsome picking Mark! I know I’m late into this thread but it is surprising when you record, even if you think you have everything set up the same how just a slight difference in backing volume or angle you are playing, or something else in the room moved, all this can vary the sound.
I can hear a massive difference going by the recording. Ghs are fuller sounding. Elixir sound tinny to me.
It’s always difficult when assessing tone. Even when your sitting playing it sounds different to what’s actually going out infront of the banjo as we are hearing it.
I too would like to know if these cryo strings are just a gimmick or whether there is anything in them.
I’m not sure if any pro players use cryo string at all?
At the moment I’m just happy with my ghs strings. :wink:

3 Likes

If Mike recommends them, that’s enough for me to give them a shot. I’m just going to wait until I burn through the strings I already have. At the rate I’ve been able to play lately, that’ll be in about 5 years. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’d be glad to come over and lower that time…

5 Likes