Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

What are y'all up to?

I was honored to preach Easter Sunday at our church. If you’d like to watch the almost one hour :flushed: message, here it is:

8 Likes

Ben, do you not contradict yourself when you say "once saved, always saved’ and then to say “turn to rule keeping game… end in damnation or blind self-righteous”?? :wink: It should not matter whether someone ends in damnation or blind self-righteous as they are always saved according to you?? What purpose is the preaching and teaching for??

I know you and I disagree greatly about theology. Let’s not debate that here, please.

10 Likes

That’s fine. I disagree not just with you but with today’s churches, not just in one thing but in everything scriptures. And not to start a debate here but was only curious of your stand as others might be interested in knowing too. I say this not to dampen your spirt but for you and everyone to have hope! But the power of resurrection is being demonstrated, I’ll share it sometime for everyone to see!

This past week I was at my mom’s house helping out. A friend of hers stopped by to chat and had her son with her. I did not recognize him. About a minute later I realized it was an old friend I had not seen in 45 years, since we played the middle school talent show in 1979. He and his mom stopped by may house later that afternoon and we played 4 plus hours. SO our claim to fame is, Alan Bibey was the mandolin player in our group. Yep, that’s my claim to fame. WE took first place.

I asked my buddy if he remembered what we played. He could not. I kicked off Dear ol Dixie and it all came back. Cripple Creek was easy enough but neither of us could remember Bugle Call Rag.

9 Likes

Just checked out the Sunday jam at the Station Inn for the first time. Super fun! Did not bring the banjo because I didn’t want to embarrass myself but I wish I had.

5 Likes

…yep :wink:

1 Like

I listened to this yesterday while driving down 89A through Arizona. It was beautiful scenery to match the message, which God used to put me in a state to hear every word. Thank you for this, Ben. It was meant for me.

5 Likes

We’re full-on camp prep mode here, amidst the flooding rains. However, it should clear up in time for camp to begin on the farm.

We have a week to regroup after camp, then on to Georgia for a camp in Athens. I could use your prayers, not only for camp, but it looks like I’ll be preparing to preach a funeral for a dear friend early next week. He’s in the very last stage of brain cancer.

I met him a year ago at the spring Texas camp. He lives locally but I didn’t know him. We developed a sweet friendship over the last year and I was able to share with him the hope we have in Christ. It will be an honor to preach this believer’s farewell.

17 Likes

@BanjoBen I am sure the good Lord can always find room for another banjo player. I’ll be with you in spirit brother gif

7 Likes

@BanjoBen praying for grace and strength for you and your friend and his family.

8 Likes

Honored to sit in on guitar with the New Apostles of Bluegrass this Saturday! Wish me luck :flushed:.

11 Likes

Good luck but I’m sure you are going to sound great without my luck wishing :slight_smile: Watch out for any Little Roy pranks!

6 Likes

Have fun! Both of those other bands are great and will be at our festival this October!

8 Likes

Had a great time and we put on a pretty good show. Little Roy and Lizzie were amazing as was Edgar and crew! Roy was incredibly gracious to me. I told him I was honored to share the stage with a legend.

9 Likes

@Flatpickin_Libby I know Dale Perry and did not know till today that he has played with lots of cool people (he never mentioned it :joy:) and I’m told you would think that is cool so I’m announcing it

5 Likes

Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver alumnus!!

3 Likes

Just about to start work on @BanjoBen 's NEW Waypoint’s Lesson featuring the D Chord

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/waypoints-learning-the-banjo-neck-d-chord-banjo-intermediate

7 Likes

Yep, he and his wife run the Nine Mile bluegrass festival in Pikeville TN. I first met him in March, we talked some about banjos (he thought mine was an actual Gibson bowtie and was asking about it) and then last month they had a get together with performances at their house which I also went to. I thought he was just a random guy who loves bluegrass but saw him in an old Lonesome River Band video the other day and learned he’s played with them, DLQ, Bluegrass Cardinals, and I think a few others. Never would’ve guessed, he’s very humble and down to earth :laughing:

2 Likes

Peaaace liiike a riiiiver so gentlyyyy is floooowing

3 Likes