Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

What are y'all up to?

The top one is steak, next one is al pastor…it was the pastor that was the best I’ve ever had!

This is at a place called Taqueria El Paisa near the art district in San Jose del Cabo. It was from an Uber driver’s recommendation.

11 Likes

Ken Ratcliff, a mandolin builder in Kentucky, just gave Leo this new mandolin this week! It’s a really nice instrument, so thankful for his amazing generosity! Just thought I’d share a clip of Leo playing it… and a thanks to @Mason_Crone for sharing the Mandolin Cafe link with us a few weeks ago

17 Likes

Wow! nice job, Leo!

3 Likes

The rest of us are just moving to the backseat already. Leo’s 8 years old and has 5 mandolins, 3 of which have been given to him. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Well%20Done I :heart: Leo

4 Likes

Currently cooking my dinner - grilled salmon and rice with veggies. Since I started eating a healthy diet, it takes much time on cooking. By the way, who can share easy recipes? I also want to get some reviews of Xenical (find it at Canadian Pharmacy), who takes it? Are weight loss pills effective actually?

2 Likes

Prepping for visiting grandkids on Easter. My daughter came over to drop off some cinnamon rolls and I played her the song I’ve been working up for Easter. Please forgive the mistakes—just a quick attempt. I got this one from Dave Dillard’s Best Hymns clawhammer book—a great book and even better CD. By way, I did help Ellen with the eggs—just needed a quick song break. :grin: Happy Easter everyone!

10 Likes

Hope yall had a Happy Easter & everyone else as well! Enjoyed that clip, thanks for sharing it with us! We all need a song break from time to time!! :grin: Hello to Ellen!

5 Likes

Thanks, @Simone, we had a great Easter. Ellen came down with COVID two weeks ago, and we finally both tested negative on Saturday. We had already canceled a gathering at our home, so decided to play Easter Bunny and deliver egg hunts to our daughters’ homes. We hope you and your crew had a blessed day as well. Take care.

3 Likes

That was real nice.

1 Like

Nothing but the Blood. Great job Jeff!

1 Like

Very nice Jeff! I need to learn some of that clawhammer stuff. It sounds really soothing.

2 Likes

Nice job Jeff, and thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks all (@Treblemaker, @xmark, @JohnnyD, and @Mike_R). And Mike, Dave Dillard does a great job teaching Clawhammer at some camps and in some online offerings here on Ben’s site (at additional cost, but well worth it). And yes, it’s soothing and very addictive.

1 Like

Catching a concert tonight but not exactly bluegrass. Alison Kraus and Robert Plant. I’m most excited about Stuart Duncan should be the “acoustic utility” member of the band.

9 Likes

Fantastic show…saw them at Chastain Park in Atlanta last fall.

2 Likes

It was definitely a great show. I’m not an old Led Zeppelin fan but Robert Plant and Alison Krauss’s voices blended so well. I spent most of my time watching Stuart Duncan change from Acoustic Guitar->Electric Guitar->Banjo->Mandolin->Fiddle (plus one extended fiddle solo). It’s funny Stuart Duncan is one of the musicians I’ve wanted to see for a long time and the first time I heard him play fiddle the song was Led Zeppelin “It’s Been a Long Time since Rock-n-Roll”. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Jimmy Page did use a bow quite a bit, so I can sort of see that.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve never seen anyone get more sounds out of a guitar than Phil Keaggy.

2 Likes