Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

Yeah, girls singing Blue Ridge Cabin Home in the key of E :joy:

1 Like

There’s a simple fix to that… listen to more guys singing bluegrass!

I never said they sound bad, I said they aren’t good singers. You can sound okay and not be a good singer.

Why thank you very much!

2 Likes

I practically only listen to instrumental bluegrass.

Well they are :man_shrugging: Gotta be honest… :joy:

Just wouldn’t work!! And i’ve heard Sierra and Molly both sing Where the Soul of Man Never Dies and it just dosen’t sound right.

2 Likes

Ok let me just say that at your age I mean bluegrass maturity level, I only really liked instrumental bluegrass, I thought singers didn’t have nearly as much talent as instrumentalists, and I thought the only banjo style I would ever play was melodic.

3 Likes

Hey he wasn’t talking about you!!

You have a lot to learn at your age.

1 Like

I think guys can sound just as good singing bluegrass, but a woman’s higher voice allows her to “swing” the notes (for lack of a better term) to make it sound more country/like bluegrass should. Does that make any sense?

3 Likes

You mean vocal slurs?

2 Likes

Well, I am a girl so…

1 Like

Hey i dare you to post a video of yourself singing Blue Ridge Cabin Home in the proper key.

2 Likes

I guess they could be termed that. It just seems like a higher voice does better with that. Also why most “country” or bluegrass singers that are guys are tenors. I said most, not all so don’t go posting a ton of videos of bass singers, please.

1 Like

Never heard of it, but I’ll try.

Exactly, great way to say it. There have been many times where I hear a song and I’m like “Wow, she can sing!” And then there have been many times where I’m like “Why on earth is his mouth behind a mic?” The latter happens way more often.

1 Like

My sister and I sing a lot together. Is it a low or high keyed song?

MMm no.

I’m older than you! For the 25th time!