Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

What?

1 Like

I finally am a regular again.

Also, where’s @theCrazyEight? I haven’t seen her in a few weeks. Taryn, are you still around?

5 Likes

Yeah, haven’t seen her in at least a week.

1 Like

I wondered crazy 8 days ago… Yeah, show us your face, @theCrazyEight!

1 Like

She is here!

1 Like

Where??

2 Likes

The likes! :wink: Seen of 3 of us I believe…

1 Like

wow Taryn why don’t you say something instead of liking our posts?

1 Like
4 Likes

HEEEEYYYY TARYN! You’re back!

2 Likes

She is only Tarryin’! :slight_smile:

Guys, the Gold Tone Twanger is unreal. I’ve never played a banjo that cost more than $450 but I met @Dragonslayer today (which was super fun, videos coming soon) and tried his Twanger. It was insane. So much louder than my banjo, better tone, and much better playability. There are some melodic things that are typically pretty hard for me but that banjo made it way easier.

9 Likes

I’ve had mine a little over a year now and I’ve loved every minute of it. I’ve had the pleasure of playing a 20s Gibson, a 90s Gibson, a Huber, and a Stelling and I would definitely rate the Twanger up there with 'um. I’ve had several compliments and the volume is what really blows people away. If anyone here ever has the chance to buy one do you wont regret it.

7 Likes

I was blown away by it. I’ve been really working on melodic and single string stuff and I was able to play that stuff so much more smoothly on that banjo. It really excited me to think where I could probably get if I had a month with a banjo like that.

7 Likes

Think you’re finding out that a great instrument won’t make a poor player play better, but a great instrument will make a good player play better. You are a good player, and I’m not surprised that a great instrument like this responded like it did when you played.

10 Likes

RIP Spiral Thread…

Ok hey @Shaky_loves_banjo, where does the nickname Shaky come from?

2 Likes

Just imagine how much better the Twanger experience would have been if you’d been using a Blue Chip thumb pick!

2 Likes

I was using one…

3 Likes

Um, ever since i was young i bounce my leg up and down whenever i’m siting, it drove my siblings crazy when the bench or floor would start shaking, especially in church, so they started calling me Shaky. Now it’s always like, hey Shaky can you STOP?? And i’m supposed to hold still. I still normally shake my leg tho :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I do that too! Just kinda quickly putting your heel up over and over?

4 Likes