Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Taking a break

Howdy good friends and family,

Beginning tomorrow, I’m taking a 10-day “fast” from all technology and spending some time in Texas with family, fishing rod, and a banjo. I’ve got some great content headed your way over the next couple weeks, and I’m thankful for how y’all handle the forum in my stead. I plan to come back energized and ready to get after it once again!

30 Likes

Have fun!

2 Likes

Enjoy your break!

2 Likes

Good for you! Enjoy Ben!

2 Likes

That’s awesome have fun!

2 Likes

Catch a bign’ for me please! :grin: Have fun Ben, appreciate you Sir!

1 Like

while the cat’s away, the mice will play!!!
Have a great vacation!

2 Likes

Safe travels and enjoy your time away brother!

1 Like

Have fun! Also, don’t know if you know about this, but here it is in case you don’t.
https://texassharelunker.com/

4 Likes

Have fun, Ben & co!

@KevinB, Ah the sea bass, the best tasty fish I think!

1 Like

Divertiti! (Italian for “have fun!”)

1 Like

You fib’n Ben? Come on. You are like me, there’s no “break” outside of music.

Guarantee 100% working on the homestead. Guaranteed!

Sawing? Cleaning up land? Building? Fencing? Garden? Getting back to the “glory days” and still trying to break that ol bull that broke ya?

The Road Goes on Forever and The Party Never Ends.

The “Old Homeplace” is calling you Ben. You can try and fight it, but it will always be calling ya. No use in fighting it…you probably belong there. Lot of hard work, clean air, little distractions. Want to be 21 again? It can take ya there both mentally and physically. It’s a pretty good place. Kids will probably thank you one day for raising them there too.

6 Likes

You speak much truth, and outside of fishing and a couple days in San Antone, I worked the farm and it was the best therapy ever (except for the broke thumb I got).

9 Likes

Broke thumb? Was it your money hand? Or are your picking Hand?

1 Like

My left thumb, making it very difficult to play currently.

May be a short season of greatest hits Ben. Don’t strain hand ligaments trying to compensate. Let’er heal proper.

4 Likes

Around our home, we have threatened for years to have a T-shirt printed that says “Stoopid R Us.” Whenever we do something that was basically caused by carelessness, we get to wear the T-shirt.
Step on a rake & whack your face? Get the T-shirt.
Close the door on your fingers? Get the T-shirt.
Pick up hot food from the frying pan, “just for a little taste” and burn your fingers? There’s a wardrobe selection for you!

This partly came about because of our children’s tendency to blame others for their mistakes. “They made me do it” is not really an acceptable answer, except to a wife beater, a member of Congress or anyone else who has no concept of personal responsibility.

I’m not saying you get the T-shirt, but for future reference, what size do you wear?:wink:

5 Likes

Wow, that’s a bummer @BanjoBen! Hope it heals up quickly and correctly…don’t push it.

2 Likes