Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Suggestion!

Whoops answered elsewhere!

1 Like

Hi Don. This is @BanjoBen 's Website, Contest, Livelihood & Business not mine. Ben sets the rules and conditions here so anyone with an issue is free to take it up with Ben. Like you I am just a member here and just trying to bring newcomers up to speed with how things have been done in the past. As for US politics I’ll stay out of that if you don’t mind.

I understand that 100%, and share the sentiment, with a twist.
I love to play the game. It simply is not particularly important that I win.
If the game is interest, fun and allows me to challenge myself a little, I’m in.
But if I gotta play with the "Win or go home crowd, " I think I’ll go fishing.
Heck, the fish beat me often enough!

3 Likes

I second that @BanJoe just a hint of improvement in what I do would be enough to play again tomorrow. Gave up thinking I would beat the World

Same here. I enjoy the challenge of learning something new, and/or the fun of creating the final product more than winning.

1 Like

I’m extremely competitive. I don’t mind being beat, but I hate to lose

4 Likes

I second that big time!!! I personally think most people like to win just some more than others. And i love to win. Now don’t get me wrong, i wont lose my face if i lose but i will do my best to win.

2 Likes

I’d love a more open contest as well. A performance based contest, of course, and maybe instrument choice as well. (My primary instrument is Dobro but I can enter on banjo again if needed…)

5 Likes

In my mind, this first contest will be any instrument. Play Cripple Creek on bagpipes if you want!

6 Likes

Maybe some day I’ll beat you, just for the fun of it, and not because beating you would bring me any pleasure. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about proposing an informal christmas song contest here! I love any idea where we get to know each other a little better - so I’m in!

Thoughts:

1. Judge on something other than picking to encourage less experienced members to participate.
  2. All entries start with an intro (“hi my name is Stephen, I’m from North Carolina, and I love cheesy christmas movies”)

If you need any help stringing this together I’d be glad to pitch in.

1 Like