Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Spring 2020 Cabin Camp has been postponed–watch this video!

@BanjoBen, While I am disappointed that the camp has been postponed, It is very obvious that you prayerfully and thoughtfully considered this decision and you are viewing people’s physical well being greater than your financial well being. May you be blessed for the example you are setting. On the bright side there is more time to practice the songs. I’m a mighty slow learner. :grinning:

I look forward to seeing you in July.

May God bless you and keep you.

-Tim

4 Likes

That was my second thought, too, right behind “awe bummer.”

4 Likes

My exact thoughts. I will be a better banjo player in July.

3 Likes

This is starting to look more likely… south Africa just banned travelers from entering the country till Easter (my flight is right afterwards) and the airline has been struggling financially… I might end up making this camp…

5 Likes

Sadly, I let Alicia know today that I wouldn’t be able to make the new July date. I’m in the military and was able to get leave for the April camp but now that the Dept of Defense is on lock down my summer mission has been pushed back and there is no way that I could get free once this thing is resolved.
I’m praying that the fall camp comes to fruition! It’ll give me more time to practice, (hope the song list is the same, LOL!) and it’ll be cooler!
Good look and safe travels to everyone in attendance!

8 Likes

Thanks for your service, @wildturkeywoods!

It is an even bigger shame that this happened for you then…

What branch? I was in the USAF for 6 years

4 Likes

Thank you Sir! Army.

5 Likes

Wise move postponing the camp IMHO. Even though I had to drop out long before this coronavirus hit because of my pending knee replacement surgery, I have been thinking a lot about you, your precious family, and how this pandemic will effect all participants. I know that this was not an easy decision. However your reasoning is well thought out and sound.
Side note; I received a phone call from Mayo yesterday. All elective surgery has been postponed at least eight weeks.
God Bless you and your family. You are in my prayers!

4 Likes

I’m now pretty sure I’ll be there in July

5 Likes

I’m lucky I am retired from full time working, part time jobs for sanity, so I confirmed my intent to attend the first week in July and am hoping all this virus stuff is over by then. I even booked the hotel that is not refundable, hope that’s not overconfidence. Everyone stay safe and God willing, see you at the first camp.

4 Likes

I am so happy for you and all those who are blessed to go to camp!

Aside from my ginormous interest and the great honor to meet Ben, Jake and the Purple Hills, family and staff… and the fact that Nashville is a favorite spot of ours to visit…

… I regretfully admit to being highly intimidated. :pensive:

1 Like

Don’t be intimidated, it’s a learning camp for a reason. You don’t go to school if you already know everything, you go to learn. Camp isn’t a place to show off what you know, it’s a place for us all to learn together

4 Likes

@WillCoop, you have Gunnar’s company to make you feel better! Or maybe you should take “Scotland Yard” or “Settlers of Catan” or playing cards with you to make it more fun in any case. I’m sure you will pull a crowd, possibly even from non-music people. But remember, not during class time though… Otherwise Ben will be with a stick. :wink:

2 Likes