Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Same Song?

Hi @K_G their website is great but does not come close to what’s on Ben site. Each instrument is charged separately I am not sure what the extra cost is, but they do respond to email enquiries fairly quickly if your interested.

There is not the same amount of content as you find here. No TABs which is why I prefer Lisa over Paddy.

The site is easy to use just select the instrument and all the lessons are there, Basically it’s a set course that you work through. I found it pretty easy because a lot of what they teach I learned on the five string. Obviously your using a flat pick so that was a skill I needed to learn. Lot’s of triplets in Irish music. and the rhythm patterns are different to bluegrass, lot’s of dotted notes.

Lessons are of a high quality. sound and video quality are what you see on the samples. I liked it a lot although I wished there was a lot more content. I haven’t played much on my tenor banjo since I completed the course and my subscription ended and I feel a little guilty as a result.

Yes ma’am I do. I play several various instruments and I would play more if I had money to buy them :disappointed_relieved: but five is more than most people so I’m still happy :joy:

2 Likes

Well, you make that sound pretty good! I play a few instruments so additional costs would be a matter of some interest, although I have no money so at the moment it’s moot :joy: you should pick it up again the tenor banjo sounds amazing! Maybe post a video? :wink:

1 Like

absolutely and for more of a change, throw in some Classical tunes by Bach or Mozart, etc. Keeps me sane to cross genres!!

@DLS
Yeah I like the different genre thing and i (attempt to) do that alot. I’ve a practice/warm up thing I made up that I do regularly (started a few weeks ago) (mandolin), that has a Bach tune with fiddle tunes interspersed throughout. Maybe I’ll post it here… (its not exactly smooth at the moment).

1 Like