Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Proud of my fellow Americans today

No. As stated earlier I’m fine with gun ownership.

The point I was making is that it’s saddening that anyone has to go out of their way to praise someone for not shooting someone else while having a weapon, or for cleaning up after themselves. This should be considered normal behaviour and not need to be rewarded with “participation trophies”, innuendo laden partisan praise & the like.

I’m curious. Any idea how many protest participants were actually from VA or elsewhere?

4 Likes

My thoughts… It is all about control! But man was not created that way. He was not subjected to anybody. God allowed evil in this world. But God also allows counter evil to take out evil. In I Samuel 24:13 David says, As saith the proverb of the ancients, Wickedness proceedeth from the wicked: but mine hand shall not be upon thee. Jesus said in Matthew 5:39, that ye resist not evil. So better protection is there in Jesus! So if evil comes your way, be in Jesus and expose it or rebuke it but not resist it!

3 Likes

To me, there are 2 reasons that justify the praise. First, there were many ominous predictions from left leaning media outlets that the day would result in violence. Second, this protest was in stark contrast to many left leaning protests over the past several years.

Given the number of people who fear guns or gun ownership, I think it’s important they understand how responsible people actually handle their weapons rather then be fed fear from the media.

I genuinely hope this protest has helped to wake some people up to the misinformation being fed to us by the media. No violence. No damage to public property. Not white supremacists.

5 Likes

So, (Topic changer alert),
I got some bad news this evening… It seems that my “twanger” won’t be delivered until Thursday instead of Wednesday.

6 Likes

Well that’s way more important than anything I’ve said. I’m terribly sorry for your loss. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Well, I just couldn’t like your delay comment.

Hint : when it arrives…it will be there! :wink:

3 Likes

i know… but the wait is killing me!!!

2 Likes

Understood…I don’t like waiting for me to make breakfast in the morning…

2 Likes

I just got on line for the first time today and saw this. Y’all know I love a good debate in such subjects, but I’m just exhausted. I’m with y’all in spirit though :crazy_face::sleeping::sleeping_bed:

Oh, GOOD ON YA VIRGINA

6 Likes

Not so much a debate…more a friendly discussion. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here ya go Billy…
Why the Willow Weeps

Singiing is pretty bad and way too mechanical but it is what it is.

8 Likes

Did you just write this, or did it come from someone else?

Oh geez…is there an ignore button?

Good morning folks, from the sunny icecold Germany. Just one sentence, don,t allow anyone to touch your great constitution and fight for your rights, the US would,nt exist without arms in the hands of brave citizens.

6 Likes

Gunnar, yes I wrote it.

A rather dark tune that came from a very vivid dream. I woke up and started writing fast as I could.& this came out…it’s pretty much in the original form. with just a few words edited

5 Likes

Well it’s a fine song! I enjoyed it very much. Nothing wrong with the vocals either. Picking was effective and got the mood of the song across along with your lyrics.

I still think we should have a Sticky Topic called “Commentary on the Times” for original songs like this.

2 Likes

Love the chord progression! Melody is great too. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Jack.

1 Like

Well it was very good, if a little dismal. It’d be great for the Steeldrivers actually, if you can get it documented and send it to them I think it would be great

2 Likes

I think it’s worth pointing out the hypocrisies when such a large gathering of armed law abiding people of different races from different states, billed by the leftist media as a violent white racist rally, can come together and participate in an event like this respectfully and no one was shot or hurt and they didn’t leave a crap show of garbage for others to clean up.

Contrast that with environmental and antifa and women’s marches, rallies, and protests that are violent, foul mouthed, vulgar, put people in the hospital, attack police, burn buildings and burden a municipality with mountains of garbage and filth to deal with, all the while being painted by the leftist media as just another peaceful protest.

7 Likes